Sign in to follow this  
DIYbowhunter

Trouble with Illegals???

I have been hunting down south for 10 years and have never had any trouble with illegals. But I keep hearing more and more stories about hunters having problems. Im starting to think about not going down there anymore.

has anyone had any problems?

I don't know if I would avoid them totally. I definately would not take youth hunting down there due to past experiences. Just carry a side arm in addition. Just my opinion.

Justin

yep. stay away from the southern units. :ph34r:

No, you have to avoid the northern units

because that is where they have their pot farms :ph34r:

No, you have to avoid the northern units

because that is where they have their pot farms :ph34r:

Also stay away from the rocky mountain sheep units, that is where GH is trying to draw a tag. :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This topic comes up a few times every year. Most people, myself included, will tell you to carry a sidearm, don't go alone, and use common sense. I have hunted a lot down there mostly in 36B and most years I don't see any illegals and I have never had any problems. Having said that, I don't think I will take my kids down there until after they have a few years of hunting under their belt.

+1 I wouldn't hunt anything south of I-40 personally.

+1 I wouldn't hunt anything south of I-40 personally.

Like I said, I have never had any problems. But Its starting to worry me. There are some nice deer down there. I have a nice Muley on video from last year on video. The video is on my web site or search youtube for diybowhunter.

thanks guys!

a sidearm won't do much, they have machineguns, just stay away if you don't feel comfy.

Thats why you put the AK in the scabbard of the Just 1 and wear the tactical vest. Come on....

In all honesty I agree, stay away if you don't feel good about the situation. If you have no fear go kill a buck.

I'm pretty sure ya'll know where I stand on the issue. I grew up down there, and I've never had any issues. That doesn't mean there is risk. That just means my cost-benefit analysis has thus far determined there is more benefit to cost in this issue. Caution is key. But that is so in every unit I have hunted. (If you stay away from 36B, I'd be super happy though, because then I can go in and find some monsters with less competition :lol: )

weve been down there a few times no trouble with illegals in 36a just see alot of there trash and its not the illegals to worry about its the drug runners who have weapons the illegals use rocks ...!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

last month a couple of G&F guys were fired upon from drug runners down in 36A