Big Browns

Need a good rangefinder

Well my old rangefinder disappeared since I used it in April. So last week I bought the new Bushnell Scout 1000. I bought it because I want a rangefinder that will range accuratly around 5-8 hundred yards. I used it this weekend and I hate it. It will only range out to around 500 and it takes 5-20 seconds to get a range if it does at all. I'm going to take it back this week and look at buying something else. What rangefinder do you guy's recommend? The rangefinder I lost was the Nikon 440, I loved it! It ranged almost instantaneously. I was considering the Nikon 600. Do any of you guy's have any expierance with that one? Thanks Adam

I am in the same situation you are my yardage pro 1000 quit working and i need a new rangefinder saw cabelas has a bushnell cdl1200 for 200 bucks was curios if anyone has experience with these.

Finally a Dec. WT tag its only been 15 years since the last one

I would highly recommend the Leica CRF, as big as a pack of smokes, ranges anything and everything instantly, the readout is red and very easy to read, low light is not a problem, and great 7X glass. I have the 900 version, I can get readings out to about 1100 yards with that one. Leica discontinued the 900, they now make an 800 and a 1200 version. I bet you could still find some deals online for the 900. IMO, buy the best once and be done with it. Hope this helps.

My Bushnell failed as well, do any of you happen to know what Leica is like to deal with as far as warranty? That 1200 is the one I have been looking at hardest.

Lecia 1200 is what i use and i love it.They are worth the extra money.I got my wife the nikon rangefinder and it will not range half the time and the dark readout is hard to see.

I've been contemplating a new rangefinder as well.

I have a Leica at the moment but wanted the 1200.

I stopped by their booth at NRA this year and asked if they were coming out with a downhill/uphill compensation unit and they said they were working on it. I decided then to wait for that. Between Swaro and Leica, whomever comes to the market with angle compensation first, gets my business.

I have the Bushnell Elite 1500 with ARC and it has worked well for me. Quickly ranges out to 800+ on almost anything. Takes a few seconds longer past 1000.

With the size of the Leica CRF, it woud be hard to pass up if you have the funds for it. It looks pretty slick and easily accessible from a shirt or pants pocket.

The tighter the laser divergence, usually a faster return and Leica has a very tight beamis what I understand.

Nikon is good but it's not really a comparison. Like trying to write with a 1" wide paintbrush instead of a sharpie.

I concur with the Leica being the RF of choice... I have had one for years and it works perfectly. Mine is LRF and the newer CRF is even more advanced and waterproof. You will not be disappointed when you purchase a Leica rangefinder. DD