ScottAdams

Monster Bear!!!!

Funny story - I actually saw a bear like that for a few seconds. I was hunting some remote country in 27 for bears. After two days of glassing and driving without seeing any bears, my buddy and I crested a hill just before sundown. I canvassed a hill and picked up what I assumed to be a big black bovine laying on a hillside. I commented, "Wouldn't it be nice if that big steer was a bear?" Sure enough, the "steer" stood up and turned out the be far and away the biggest black bear I've ever seen in this state. By the time I could get to my rifle and range finder, he/she had ambled off into a thicket. I've gone back a couple of times looking for that monster bear, but have never seen it again. I'd love to know just how big that bear truly was, but the sheer size of it had me convinced it was just WAY too huge to be a bear.

nice bear scott put an arrow in um

WOW Scott. what a huge bear! You are right, I need to come and visit. With all the critters you've got around your house, one would think you live at the Desert Musem.

Thanks for all the comments.

Blake I didn't see any tracks, it had been 4 weeks since the video was taken.

Bret the boys are setting up a hunt to go in there and roust him out. They are tuning their and bows and figure this bear, which by the way I have named "Kong", would be a great warm up hunt for their archery bull hunts next month.

I been tellin' ya Simon that you need to come up.

Hopefully I'll check on the camera again this weekend.