HUNTAZ

6a bull tag!!!

A buddy of mine has a 6a archery bull tag! Im gonna be up near the are working and was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction to scout around!! Any pointers would definantly be appreciated!! thanks :)

There are Three early archery hunt units in 6A... unless he has the late hunt.... then it is the whole unit and then all I can say is pray it is dry and hunt water! ;)

sorry about my lack of info!!! its the 1st early archery 6a north bull tag!!!!

Elk are pretty much all over 6AN. Lots of roads though. You should not have any difficulty locating elk. You might consider driving some backroads with a spotlight before archery deer season starts. A lot of cow elk around Mormon Lake now.

Elk are pretty much all over 6AN. Lots of roads though. You should not have any difficulty locating elk. You might consider driving some backroads with a spotlight before archery deer season starts. A lot of cow elk around Mormon Lake now.

Had a buddy drive up early on day last week to scout 5B for antelope, he said there were about 500-600 elk in and around Morman lake. He said there were a few hefty bulls out there as well, upper 300's and he usually underestimates them.

he said there were about 500-600 elk in and around Morman lake. He said there were a few hefty bulls out there as well, upper 300's and he usually underestimates them.

Some elk will stay in the middle of the lake during the day during the season. Reports are that it can be quite amusing to watch the bowhunters put on stalks.

Last year I had the late archery bull hunt and was scouting in early October and the elk were out in the middle of mormon lake. I talked to some of the locals they said its pretty hilarious watching people trying to put stalks on these elk. They try to belly crawl all the way out there it doesn't look that far but it is and most of the time it gets pretty muddy out there. I would llove to watch someone try it.

Last year I had the late archery bull hunt and was scouting in early October and the elk were out in the middle of mormon lake. I talked to some of the locals they said its pretty hilarious watching people trying to put stalks on these elk. They try to belly crawl all the way out there it doesn't look that far but it is and most of the time it gets pretty muddy out there. I would llove to watch someone try it.

I had a bull tag in 5BN last year, I was camping in 5BS with a bunch of friends who had tags there. I drove past Morman every day, elk everywhere in that lake, some nice bulls too, I stopped one afternoon and thought about how someone would go about a stalk, I pretty much deemed it impossible with a bow unless you use a snorkel and fins :P

been in that unit myself quite a few times, if you go down lake mary road turn down mormon lake road west, as you go down that road is where mormon lake tapers down and there is a descent water hole right as it comes out of the dry lake bottom. if you set up a ground blind or have a treestand there are always bulls and sometimes huge 6x6 or bigger ones that cross the road and go into the area right across the road to bed down. hope this helps. good luck.

maddbomber

During my hunt last year we watched the bulls cross the road close to that water hole but it was after shooting hours, later that night someone decided to empty a full magazine out by the lake somewhere that woke me up and I never found the bulls again . :angry:

i have had a little experience watching the lake stalkers :ph34r: every single elk tag i have drawn in 6a or been on anyone elses hunt there i make a point of spending an afternoon watching the lake stalkers :ph34r: it goes something like this- :unsure: - :o - :lol: - :P :P :P a pair of swaros, lunch, comfy chair, and a cold beverage and you have free entertainment.

in their defense i will tell you i have seen a successful bull and cow hunt in that swamp. ya should have seen them getting elk out. :lol:

I got a late 6A bull tag at the end of november. . .I haven't hunted this area in a while and any more tips or areas to start my scouting for the late hunt would be awesome I would very much apreciated THX:. . .and one more thing I have heard mixed debate about the scouting when would u guys recommend scouting for a late nov 6a hunt??