Sign in to follow this  
runningbird

cell phone amplifier?

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these? It would be nice if they worked, I hunt in a area where there really is no reception and it means a 50 mile round trip to check on things at home.

I use one of the magnetic roof mount antennas

and it really helps.

I believe made by wilson.

Radio shack has them.

I carry one with me on the quad or in my pack.

hello - A hunter had one in elk camp a couple yrs ago - AWESUME _ he just pluged it into the cigerette plug - it was a small - looked kinda like a mini inverter with an antenne - calls were clear and fast - otherwise i had to hike around to the south side -top of the mountain to get reception - they probably make better ones by now - this was not a cheapy little antenne thing - forget the little booster that fits inside the phone -

like MIKE stated sometimes just an extention -booster - of the antenne can make a difference - Gary

similar to this ---

http://cgi.ebay.com/zBoost-YX230-Cell-Phon...id=p3286.c0.m14

Outdoorsmans carries one made by Wilson. Not cheap, though. I have been curious how well they work, as I am usually working where cell phone service is very spotty. Anyone have experience with this one?

http://shop.outdoorsmans.com/product.sc?pr...p;categoryId=56

Thats the unit that I have. Well worth the money, except I did not pay that much for it. Works much better than just the antenna alone.

I have a Wilson unit that Niles radio in Flag installed in my truck and it is a worthless piece of junk. It was $500 wasted dollars! It makes ZERO difference in my calls.

Thanks guy's

I am looking at the wilson model. If it works it would be great.

I have a Wilson booster that works great! On a trip to Pierce, CO, to pick up dogs, I used the booster. I drove from Flagstaff, AZ, through the reservation, to Grand Junction and to Pierce, never not having reception. In fact, I typically had 4 bars (out of 4) of reception the entire trip.

I would be more than willing to let someone borrow the booster if they would like. Just send me a PM.

I have a Wilson unit that Niles radio in Flag installed in my truck and it is a worthless piece of junk. It was $500 wasted dollars! It makes ZERO difference in my calls.

Have you given Niles the opportunity to assess as to whether or not there is a problem with their product and install? If not, you should give them an opportunity to do so, as they are an upstanding family business that takes customer satisfaction very seriously.