Sign in to follow this  
josh

Coyote Triple

Went out this a.m. and made my first stand at about 5:45 . At the two minute mark had a male come in from behind me. He got about ten feet from caller and and winded me so I woofed him pulled the trigger on my new Savage 22-250 and it got it's first dog then switched sounds and had a hard charger come racing in. Had to bark him to stop then he was down. After another couple minutes another coyote is coming in and checks up. I figured it was a little nervous with all the shooting so I shot it at about seventy five yards. This was my first coyote triple on a single stand. Have had many where I called them in, but was unable to get them.

Wow excellent Job Josh! What a way to breik in the new 22-250. Like always.......my hat off for you.

Ernesto C

Yep, Great job, and photo. We went out saturday am and tried, but could not get her to come in.

Thanks for sharing,

Kathi

In my defense two were pups but one was a mature male. I hold off all summer on the coyote killing just to give those pups some time to grow and normally never start calling till sep. But I am gearing up for a hunt in alaska so I just had to get out for a quick stand.

Great job Josh!!.

If you can stand the heat this is a great time of year to start calling. The pups are old enough to hunt with the pack and occasionally by themselves. They have never heard these sounds and typically come charging in to investigate.

Of course, as you proved, you can still call in the big ones too!!

I have taken lots of doubles and blew a handful of chances at a true triple. One of these days I will get it done!!

Congrats.