seek100plus

What weird stuff have you glassed or happen well glassing for game?

One time I was glassing in the 3bar area and noticed several ridges over on a road a full size school bus was driving up the ridge. Of course he got stuck at switch back. That road has one way in and one way out. I would have been pissed if my truck was parked above him.

Last year my dad had a trail camera that seemed to be tampered with. It was in a lock box and had a solar panal. The solar panel was yanked off the tree and the cables were destroyed. All the way back to camp we were thinking that we hope that there iwere pictures of that sob that did the damage. Sure enough we had them front and center, a cow that had the solar panel leads in her mouth and chewing them.

I was sitting a steep canyon glassing and had a fighter jet blast up the canyon. Really cool part was he was below me and the canyon curved so I watched him hook a hard turn and disappear around the corner. I would love to do that :o

I have had this happen to me several times as well and it is one spooky deal.....You don't even know they are on top of you till they blow by you in the canyon about 75' above you....This must be an awesome rush for those guys

Many years ago while hunting javelina down in 36b we were just sitting down to lunch in camp when we started to hear classical music blaring out of nowhere. After a few minutes of the music getting louder and closer we started to hear the buzz of a small vehicle. As the vehicle approached we could see that it was one of those Subaru Brats – we were amazed that it could have gotten that far in as the road we came in on was extremely rough. Anyway, when the vehicle stopped next to our camp we could see the gentleman driving the Brat was smoking a Sherlock Holmes type pipe. If that wasn’t weird enough he then stepped out of his “truck” wearing a powder blue polyester tux complete with ruffles. At this point I started to believe I had entered the twilight zone and that it couldn’t get any weirder when he introduced himself in the thickest Scottish accent – it was near impossible to understand a word he said – I wish I could remember his name. After a few minutes of conversation we were able to conclude he was out prospecting for gold and that he was making a run into to town to “partake” of the fairer sex. And with that he was gone. A couple of years later we were in the same area and found his base camp. I don’t think he got much prospecting done as there had to be at least 20 cases of single malt Scotch whisky lying around the crude deck he had built around an old cab-over camper.

Tyson is holding out ;)

+1....... :blink: :blink:

Had a coyote chasing a nice 85" buck within 15 yards of me. Had my shotgun on me, didnt even think about shooting the dang yote!

Watched some illegals dive into a CHOLLA patch when they heard the helicopter coming. They were not quick at to get out of the bush!

Never really have glassed up anything strange. Last April I was riding my quad down by the Blue River and a jet fighter came screaming right over the top of me, I thought my quad was blowing up, it got my attention :blink:

Had a coyote chasing a nice 85" buck within 15 yards of me. Had my shotgun on me, didnt even think about shooting the dang yote!

Watched some illegals dive into a CHOLLA patch when they heard the helicopter coming. They were not quick at to get out of the bush!

[/quote

I to glassed up some illegals , but what was weird is they were going back to Mexico], that was a shock !

I have glassed up a few things that were odd.

I saw a guy walking with a big backpack and a AK type rifle. I was just out glassing and he spotted me. I swear he ran three ridges before he disappeared and he had never slowed down. probably crossed over 2 miles of terrain before I did not see him anymore. I carry a GPS so no matter what I see I call it in to game and fish on my speed dial. :lol:

Ive seen hundreds upon hundreds of illegals in groups of 2, 3, 20, 50 you name it. I actually have a hill I go to to introduce new people to the groups in 36b. At night within an hour I can have a group come by EVERY time.

I watched a hunter get stalked by a mtn lion for 20 minutes or so.

I have seen these new freaking packs that the "humanitarians" put out for the illegals which are new camo back packs full of a few cans of tuna, a few Gatorades, a few red bulls and a couple waters.

The humanitarians also put out these HUGE $60 black totes full of food now as well as their gallons of water.

I saw a group of drug smugglers on 3 different occasions. Im talking burlap sacks and all.

Never had fighter jets but I have had the BP heli buzz me less then 30 feet away a couple times as they were tracking some illegals.

I know where a white Chevy Durmax has been sitting for two years and all he did was break a tie rod and never came back for it. It was pretty much untouched as of last year

The black panther or whatever it was that was found dead in southern az i had seen as well as a few different groups of kudimundees and turkey in 36a and b

• Like 1

Last September me and a buddy stop to watch a bull that had about 15 cows herd together. The bull which was a good looking six point kept running off two rag horns that were after his cows. The weird thing was that there was a whitetail doe in the cows and the bull would not let her out of the herd.We watched for about 25 minutes and she never got out while we were there. :o

Many years ago while hunting javelina down in 36b we were just sitting down to lunch in camp when we started to hear classical music blaring out of nowhere. After a few minutes of the music getting loader and closer we started to hear the buzz of a small vehicle. As the vehicle approached we could see that it was one of those Subaru Brats – we were amazed that it could have gotten that far in as the road we came in on was extremely rough. Anyway, when the vehicle stopped next to our camp we could see the gentleman driving the Brat was smoking a Sherlock Holmes type pipe. If that wasn’t weird enough he then stepped out of his “truck” wearing a powder blue polyester tux complete with ruffles. At this point I started to believe I had entered the twilight zone and that it couldn’t get any weirder when he introduced himself in the thickest Scottish accent – it was near impossible to understand a word he said – I wish I could remember his name. After a few minutes of conversation we were able to conclude he was out prospecting for gold and that he was making a run into to town to “partake” of the fairer sex. And with that he was gone. A couple of years later we were in the same area and found his base camp. I don’t think he got much prospecting done as there had to be at least 20 cases of single malt Scotch whisky lying around the crude deck he had built around an old cab-over camper.

I know the base camp your speaking of and you are right, don't see how anybody could do much of anything while drinking all that Scotch! Wish I had met the gentleman. Sounds like another of the real characters we have met up with down there.

About 7 years ago I went out scouting/shed hunting one spring day in unit 28. All I had with me was a pair of 10s, a tripod and some water. As I was working my way up through a grassy saddle I noticed what looked like a dead animal of some sort at about 30 yards from me. I was super pumped because I thought maybe it could be a big ol dead buck. As I worked my way over to within 10 yards from what I thought was a deer my excitement turned to extreme fear as it turned out to be a mountain lion! A live mountain lion! I immediately froze and thought "great I'm pretty much screwed and I was going to be lion lunch." The lion was crouched down facing me with his ears down and back all within 10 yards of me! I was so close I could see him breathing! I've never been so scared. We had a staring contest for about 1 minute when I decided to slowly back up the whole time waiting for the lion to pounce. Step by step I got further away and the lion didn't move. When I reached about 40 yards away the lion finally turned a ran away. Talk about freaky. Well I kept working my way up the hill in the opposite direction the lion went. 5 mins pass when I heard what sounded like 2 lions fighting in the direction I was headed. That was all I could take and after that I got my unarmed butt back to the truck. Not weird but definitely freaky.

I was glassing a couple weeks ago and kept noticing these white branches coming off the ground waving back and forth. I finally stopped with the glasses to look at it because it was out of place. Upon I a better look it was two snakes mating. I made my way down to where they were and watched to Mojave rattlers do the nasty for a while. They were standing 1.5-2 feet off the ground. They looked like cobras. It was a freaky thing to watch.

One naked guy walking up a wash. Two topless ladies riding a golf cart.Goucho was there (not on the golf cart) My brother walked up on two guys and a girl making a documentery on something beter not talked about when children can read the forum. A guy over on the RutinHard forum just found a 2000 and something polaris 4x4 off a 50 foot cliff Still had all the goods in the rack box.

Using google earth a guy that I prospect with found an airplane crash in a canyon. he hiked into it and said it looked like who ever it was survived and camped there a couple days. waiting for help. I know guys on this site have found bodies and such while hunting. That is my fear. We glassed up an orange frame pack way way back in unit 22one year and as we glassed around we saw a shinny survival blanket tucked under a tree and looked like a body was in it. we made the hike over about two miles to it. It was a frame pack alright and so we walked very slowly to the shinny thing. When we got to it we saw it was a bunch of those metalic ballons that someone probably let go in phoenix someplace and they flew up and landed in the canyon. I had that pack for along time.