Sign in to follow this  
youngbuck

Reloader Info

Well I am just dandy with the old RCBS press for my rifle ammo. My dad want to get something a little faster for lots of handgun stuff. He shoots alot of 45acp 38sp .357 and would shoot more 44mag if it was affordable. I really want a 10mm and this would allow me to shoot it affordably. He has done a ton of research, and talked to guys on his forums. He is about decided on the Hornady lock and load AP over the Dillon. Has anyone used either or both that could share some info on likes and dislikes. One bonus with the Hornandy is 1000 free bullets.

I have the Dillon 550 and really like it. I have had it for about 12 years and have probably loaded around 50K rounds. I dont have any experiance with any other type of progressives, but would imagine they are all pretty good. The thing I like best about Dillon is that they are here in town. There have been two or three occasions that I have had a problem with something and was able to have it replaced in the same day.

I have a 650 Dillion and I will second the part about Dillion being in town, I have had my loader about 17 years and have broke stuff and they replace it free. It is nice to be able to run over and get parts when you need them.

Another note on Dillion is they have a no BS warranty, so say you find a smoking deal on a Dillion on Craigs List or Backpage, you can take that Dillion in and they will go through the whole machine and fix it free of charge. The warranty is really nice when you break something because you were a dummy. Its alot less painful to get the replacement part when its free.

I would get the Dillion. If you want more advice you can go to www.arizonashooting.com, there was a thread a while back about the same thing you are asking about, Take Care, JLG.