Sign in to follow this  

my kids dog tried to shoot me

we've always had hounds. when i was still lion huntin' we had dozens. when i got outta that we still wanted a hound so we got a basset. had several of them of over many years and the last one croaked about a year ago. last winter my youngest son decided we needed another hound so he bought a rerdbone bloodhound. he's about 7 months old now and is gonna be huge. he already weighs well over 80 pounds and is real tall. and dumber than heck. one wierd thing tho, he can swim and retrieve better than my daughter's lab. he is one goofy dog. runs into things. chews on everthing. his name is dozer but it oughta be abe, because of all the huge piles o' lincoln logs he leaves in the yard. anyway, i've always tried to have a nice lawn and since i retired i've worked on it extree hard. last night i was gettin' ready to mow the lawn and i told my kid to go clean up the logs before i took off with the mower. i use a reel type mower and if you hit a fresh greasy turd it really makes a mess and smells bad. a lot of the time i just mow em up but i saw dozer all hunkered up on a fresh pile and didn't wanna hit it. so my kid got a shovel and started liftin' logs outta the yard. then he come packin' a pile over on the shovel and showed me that it had a live .357 hollowpoint all mixed up in it. i dropped some offa my shoulder holster the other day and thought i picked em all up, but i guess i missed one. the dog ate it and squeezed it out in the yard. i know that stinkin' dog did it on purpose hopin' i'd hit it with the mower and shoot myself. remember, guns don't kill people, dogs that eat ammo and crap it out in the yard do. Lark.

My lab chewed up a box of 7.62X39 when he was a pup. We couldn't find one afterwards two X-rays later it's still missing. :lol:

that some funny stuff

i have two dogs and one of them is my wifes dog i know that dog is ploting my death everyday

i hate it and it hates me

one day sorry love the bow sting snapped or sorry hon i was cleaning my guns LOL

That is great, reminds me of my "weird dog" incident: We had an old chocolate lab when I was a kid. One day my mom started yelling at me and my brother to go out and see what is wrong with the dog. We go outside and this dog is dragging his butt across the grass, completely freaking out, back and forth. After watching and laughing at the dog freak out for 10-15 minutes, I grabbed the dog and tell my brother to take a look 'back there'. He notices something that doesn't look right... grabs it, and with some effort yards out an entire bread bag...I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard, hilarious..

now that's funny right there. i gotta friend who was stayin' with his gramma in texas when he was a kid. she come packin' in a cat and told him to hold it. before he realized what was goin' on she wrapped about 6 inches of balonie string around her finger that was hangin' out it's butt and yanked it out. he said it was like holdin' onto the bar of a chainsaw while somebody else started it. Lark.

That is great, reminds me of my "weird dog" incident: We had an old chocolate lab when I was a kid. One day my mom started yelling at me and my brother to go out and see what is wrong with the dog. We go outside and this dog is dragging his butt across the grass, completely freaking out, back and forth. After watching and laughing at the dog freak out for 10-15 minutes, I grabbed the dog and tell my brother to take a look 'back there'. He notices something that doesn't look right... grabs it, and with some effort yards out an entire bread bag...I cant remember the last time I laughed so hard, hilarious..

Was there any bread left in it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lark, your posts are some of my absolute favorite to read on this site! You never fail to make me laugh my butt off! My girlfriend just looks at me like I'm crazy when I'm sitting here quietly reading and then I just burst out laughing! Thank you for both, all the wisdom and all the laughs you bring to the site! Glad your back!

-Tracy

:lol: thats good stuff :lol:

what is sad is that the story is true. i even kinked dozer's tail til he confessed of tryin' to shoot me. but he did say he wasn't tryin' to kill me, just hurt me a little. what ticks me off is my kid didn't clean up the round so i could use it. he just chunked it in the trash. still encased in the turd. i thought i raised him better. Lark.

A friend of mine had a dog once that he mnamed D.O.G. That mutt dog ended up eating a pair of his wifes pantyhose and when it came out that dog ran its butt across the yard for hours tring to get rid of it. All we could do is laugh he even called some of use to come over and check it out! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny post. I have seen some interesting things over the years. All colors and shapes. One of our dogs used to eat hair. That always made for a few laughs. He would chase his butt around trying to get the cling-ons.

what ticks me off is my kid didn't clean up the round so i could use it. he just chunked it in the trash. still encased in the turd. i thought i raised him better. Lark.

:blink: Send me your address and I'll come get it myself! In these times no ammo gets tossed around my house. :lol:

I saw a story a few weeks ago about a Boxer dog, about 8 months old that ate a comb. They knew something was wrong with the dog, took it to a vet and by the time they x-ray they see the teeth end of the comb in the stomach but the long handle pointy end was poked through the stomach, tore up a lung and was protruding out it's side.

The vet had to cut the comb and pull one part out the left side and one part out the right side.

The story said dogs at 5-9 months old will eat anything they can get at so you gotta watch them all the time.

But a freaking stylist comb, in one piece? A Bread Bag? Makes me wonder it I actually lost that set of car keys?

Any teachers out there? When the kid says My dog ate my homework, ask how old the dog is!