Sign in to follow this  
buglethemin

Archery elk hunters

What the heck is going on with the weather, 113 this week!, its horrible. Makes me wonder if the elk will be vocal during the archery hunt? Will we be sitting on water all hunt long, spot and stalk, hopefully they will be vocal and we can have some calling activity. What do you guys think, will we have a good vocal/rut activity for this years archery hunt? Only 14 days away.

I'm heading to NM Sunday and it's supposed to be hot there, too. We just have to be ready for anything. I think they will bugle more at night when it's cooler.

Lord only knows......Last year they were real quiet the first week or so then started bugling early morning.

I am headed up this weekend and am hoping to hear some talking. I was luckly enough to draw a tag last year and from my personal experience, the elk were talking, you just had to be in the right place when it was happening. I also heard after I taged out, the last couple days of the hunt were the best when it came to talking activity.

As for this year, I hope and pray that we have a great hunt filled with all kinds of rutting activity.

-Ryan

Anything could happen in two weeks as far as the weather is concerned.I never get drawn so it does not matter to me.(Yes that is sarcasim) But good luck to all of you tag holders.

man i wish this is the problem i was having with my elk hunt O what a min i dont have one what its been 4 years since i had a elk tag

have a good time

and good luck let us know what happen after the hunt

it don't matter what the weather is like, when the cows get hot, so does the huntin'. it can be hot, cold, wet, dry, windy, calm, snowy, tornados, floodin', forest fires, etc, etc, etc, the rut still happens about the same time every year. everbody always acts like elk come and go with the weather. they're still there, you just might hafta adjust your scheme some. the quakies will turn yeller, the bulls will holler and it will cool off a little. and everbody with a tag will have a good time. all the weather does is bother the hunters, the elk don't care. sharpen your broadheads, tune in your bow, learn how to cow call and you'll have a blast. my youngest has a tag and i can't wait to hit the woods. and it'll be nonstop huntin' until mid december after the archery hunt starts. and for heck's sake, don't worry about "havin' an elk tag", and the weather not bein' perfect. go huntin' and shoot a big one. but remember, if you do shoot a big one, don't put photos on here because some jerk will say it ain't that big and ya didn't shoot it right or it's crosseyed or somethin'. Lark.

it don't matter what the weather is like, when the cows get hot, so does the huntin'. it can be hot, cold, wet, dry, windy, calm, snowy, tornados, floodin', forest fires, etc, etc, etc, the rut still happens about the same time every year. everbody always acts like elk come and go with the weather. they're still there, you just might hafta adjust your scheme some. the quakies will turn yeller, the bulls will holler and it will cool off a little. and everbody with a tag will have a good time. all the weather does is bother the hunters, the elk don't care. sharpen your broadheads, tune in your bow, learn how to cow call and you'll have a blast. my youngest has a tag and i can't wait to hit the woods. and it'll be nonstop huntin' until mid december after the archery hunt starts. and for heck's sake, don't worry about "havin' an elk tag", and the weather not bein' perfect. go huntin' and shoot a big one. but remember, if you do shoot a big one, don't put photos on here because some jerk will say it ain't that big and ya didn't shoot it right or it's crosseyed or somethin'. Lark.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lark you summed it up. It always happens that someone has to be a critic about the animal that someone else has taken! :huh: