Sign in to follow this  
vegasjeep

Rifle scope for 7mm

I purchased a Remington 7mm last hunting season and like everything, you do not get around to thinking about it till you are getting it out to hunt with.

Well aside from the gun being really nice and I have shot two bullets through it to say I shot it, I have not mounted a scope on to it as of yet. LOL!!!

I have been thinking about a Leupold VX-L 4.5-14-50mm with a boone and crockett rectical.

10578.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

I have seen these for under $800 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leupold-VX-L-Rifle-Sco...4#ht_774wt_1167

Seems that the newer version of this scope is now the VX3L

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leupold-VX-3L-Scope-4-...4#ht_963wt_1167

now my question is, Is this a great scope for the money? What other scopes in this price range would anyone suggest that will provide the same quality, clarity, and function as this Leupold. I currently have had a Leupold VXII on my 30-06 and have loved it.

I have lots of Leupold scopes and really like them but I wanted to try the Zeiss Conquest with the 800 Z for my 300WSM. I will be shooting it on my unit 33 Nov 27 WT hunt.

I had that model Leupy for a while, nice scope and I loved the B&C reticle, but I did notice a bit of parallax issue around 800-900 yards.

I switched to a Falcon Menace First Focal Plane (ffp) and have never been happier.

My 7mm loves it!

Falcon @ great price here

I have a Leupold scopes. Its one of the best scope out there. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a Nikon scope either, both scope company's offer long range capability. At my age I don't notice parallax issue. I sent my scope off and had a custom rectical installed long before they came out with these new ones like Boone and Crockett rectical by Leupold. If you plan on shooting pass 600 yards I would go with Lee dot and a Leuplod scope. Just my thoughts :)

There are many good choices when it comes to scopes. A lot of people really love the Zeiss Conquest, Vortex is really making a name for them selves and are very reasonably priced, Nikon has a good fallowing and of course then you have the Swaroski.

But for me I am a Leupold man. Their customer service is second to none, great quality, very clear, oh and they are AMERICAN MADE. These days I am looking to keep all my money here in the states. Now I know there is better optics out there but if you look at all the different factors the Leupold is hard to beat IMO.

+1 on the vx-L with b/c reticle. I have two of the exact scope and like them both a ton. One is on a 300 wsm, and the other on a 270 wsm. Other than a Swarovski, I would not put anything else on them.

Whitey

I have Lupys, Nikons, and couple of Zeiss Rapid Z 800's. The Zeiss scopes are absolutely the clearest scopes I've ever owned, even compared side by side with the Swaro's my buddy has. Lupy used to be American made but now almost all of their glass (as well as most other mfg's) is made it the South Pacific. Even the last Nikon I got was made in the Asia! For a good price, I usually order them from www.theopticzone.com. If you call them, they will tell you the actual price which is usually quite a bit lower than the internet price. JMHO!

Bringing this thread back up as I finally have gotten around to putting this bad boy together.

The stock is a Boyds Featherweight, the Bipod is a Harris and the scope will be a Leupold VX3L. I cannot get over great customer service from Leupold!

I also ordered a Timney trigger which is suppose to be DYNAMITE on the Remington 700

What do you think?

This thing will be finally ready for some deer slaying this year.... and Elk too!!

30440_1461142402105_1039773055_1299617_2801400_n.jpg

34471_1461143362129_1039773055_1299618_4171797_n.jpg

I would at least check out the Zeiss conquest with a rapid z recticle. I didn't do much researd on Leupold and have not shot one so I can't really compare. What I can say is I don't have any buyers regret when it comes to my rapid z.

I would at least check out the Zeiss conquest with a rapid z recticle. I didn't do much researd on Leupold and have not shot one so I can't really compare. What I can say is I don't have any buyers regret when it comes to my rapid z.

I looked through both and both ere equal in clarity. I liked both but love leupold customer service

I love my Lupoeld too. But I was turned on to this deal throgh my local gun dealer. Really nice scope! This I hope will be my next one.

New Burris Eliminator, Laser Range finder scope. This is the ultimate in scope / range finding technology. Just push one button, and the scope will tell you the distance to target, calculate the trajectory of your given bullet, adjust for uphill / downhill terrain, and light an LED at the proper hold point along the vertical cross hair to show you the exact hold for your target. Simple to program for your caliber / bullet, set it once and every time you point at a target you have a cross hair that show the actual point of aim! No separate rangefinder and charts to figure the hold point, just push the button while viewing your trophy Buck and shoot! 4-12x 42mm. Special pricing for a limited time. Hurry! $725*

www.qgunsupply.com

One more for Leupold. I have the 4.5 to 14 x50 mm VX3L CDS on my BAR. I just ordered the free dial and should have it in a couple weeks. Nice looking rifle you are building up there.

I have to agree with leupold and their customer service is top of the line.... but recently after shooting my bro's 7mm with the new Vortex I would definitely recommend a look ....