and I understand catching up on some topics BUT

we have been patiently waiting since Fri at 6:00 :P

And the winner is :o

Amanda,

You are home and thank you for the squirrel post

Hehehe, I will get it up later tonight or early tomorrow. I need to make sure I enter everyone into my little spreadsheet so I can determine the winners. And I want to figure out which prizes I am giving to who before I post.

Thanks for your patience!! I thought I was going to be home this weekend to take care of this, but the squirrels were calling :)

Amanda

Amanda,

You are home and thank you for the squirrel post

Hehehe, I will get it up later tonight or early tomorrow. I need to make sure I enter everyone into my little spreadsheet so I can determine the winners. And I want to figure out which prizes I am giving to who before I post.

Thanks for your patience!! I thought I was going to be home this weekend to take care of this, but the squirrels were calling :)

Amanda

OK :( :rolleyes:

Thanks everone for the nice words about my deer, and thanks Amanda for scoring it. Just to give a little history about the deer . It was killed in unit 8 over 20 years ago . I saw it on a hilltop and was unable to get off a good shot at it due to the bad case of buck fever I got when I saw him standing on that hilltop. I returned to the spot I saw him at later that day and started to follow his trackes he was leaving in the muddy ground. I was unable to see very good because I was in the junipers south of the HAT ranch so I found a nice small pine and climbed up in it as high as I could so as to get a better look around. I was up in the tree for only 5 minutes when I heard something under my tree.When I looked down to see what it was there was the deer I was looking for. I pulled the hammer back on my old marlin and he heard it clickso he raised his head as I pulled the trigger and shot him in the neck at 20 to 25 feet . I was a new resident to AZ and coming from Texas Hill country the whitetail just did not seem that big to me. I was entered in the big buck contest at Ruffs in Flagstaff so I took it to get it checked out because I was not sure if they had a whitetail catogry for big bucks . The person on duty when I showed up to get it weighted said it was the biggest whitetail he had ever seen. It weighed 117lbs field dressed. I just took my deer home and cut the horns off and left them in my storage until some years later I meet a guy and showed them to him and he also said they were the largest set of antlers of a whitetail he had ever held and I should get them scored. I later had that same friend mount them as you see today.So I hope everyone enjoyed this story

Mark Nixon

and thanks again to Amanda for putting on this fun game.