I don't know if this has ever been brought up before but I was just wondering what funny things you have pulled on a hunting buddy or what funny things you've had pulled on you?

There are so many but one that sticks out on my mind is: I use to like to leave the plastic wrapper on the cheese when I made a sandwich for my partners. :lol:

Well Im sure you will get some really good stories here. I dont have anything great, but a few years back on my cow elk hunt I was sitting in a blind with my cousin. I would look back at him and say something was coming then draw my bow back like I was about to shoot something. He got excited every time! Then the last 10 mins of light I heard something coming in and it was a cow. I drew back and shot it. He jumped up and thought I had shot at a rabbit or something just assuming that when I drew back there was nothing there and it was a trick. Kinda like the boy who cried wolf story.

I use to like to leave the plastic wrapper on the cheese when I made a sandwich for my partners. :lol:

Don't know if they would be able to tell the difference. The "cheese" inside the wrapper tastes like plastic anyways :P

No real hunting pranks. But some years back I took the wife,stepdaughter, and a couple of her young cousins camping up on the North fork of the Whiteriver. After we settled into the tent for the night I slipped out and started growling and snarling and scratching the side of the tent. Talk about screaming :lol: they hated me for the rest of the night :P

Every time I am out with a friend or family I always say oh theres a bear,coyote, deer javelina or whatever we are hunting and that really gets them excited it is kind of a tradition.

In 96 I waws going to meet my brother-in-law for a quail hunt in Yuma. On the way there was a dead skunk in the road. I cut its tail off and tossed it in the back of my truck. When I found his truck I took the hide a key and popped his hood, and put the tail in his air filter... 2 days later I removed it... He figured that his truck was sparyed... He still does not know it was me...ha ha ha

I we have a hunting buddy that always seem to forget things at home or just always seem to borrow thing from someone you name it boots, shirts, binnos rifle it’s the biggest pain he does it every year and every year I we tell him we are not going to help him the next time. So last year I know that he was going to pull the same garbage. We were up glassing in Tucson (he was using one of my tripods) I stared eating a energy bar about 5:30 pm shore enough he asked for one and little did he know that I gave him one laced with a Laxative in it

Funniest night I ever had camping and hunting I never told him

The prank was on me, and I tell about it "Sixty Years A Hunter," which the publishers says will be released before Christmas. Here"s what I wrote about what happened on my first antelope hunt in Wyoming:

"The day before the hunt, we drove out to scout the area Alex and I would be hunting, and a story that would plague me for many years was born. We were parked on a high ridge, and I was sitting in the truck, using my binocular to watch a herd of antelope about a half mile away, when Boris walked up.

“'Have some M&Ms,' he said.

"Not thinking, I kept my binocular on the animals and stuck my hand out the window, stuffed the rounded things he handed me into my mouth, and bit down. What I'd popped into my mouth definitely were not candy-coated peanuts. Nearly everyone has heard the grammar-school joke about rabbit droppings being smarter pills.

Well, I was smarter after that incident, and I can truthfully say I now know what pronghorn pills taste like -- a blend of sage and alfalfa."

Bill Quimby

Oh boy. If my wife new I was telling this.....AGAIN.....I would be in trouble.

When her and I first got together I took her camping up in the eastern Sierra's here in Ca. We would be doing a lot of hiking into the backcountry to fish the streams for native trout. She was a little worried about this being that its big bear country. On the second morning we were up a canyon fishing about 75 yds. apart. I was about done for the day and started walking down her way. I saw her around the bend fishing very intently. I started running as fast as I could towards her. She looked up at me and I yelled "Run.....BEAR!!!" She took off running with her pole in hand and about 20 feet of line still out with a serious look of fear in her face. I laughed so hard about that for about 5 minutes. She didnt. I know, I know. Bad dog!

My other deal is to occasionally sticker my buddies hunting trucks when we're in camp. Ya know those truck stop stickers that say stuff like:

I'm nuts 4 cowboys!

Princess

Daddys spoiled little girl

Big rainbow sticker

You get the picture?

Love this topic... A few years ago, just after I got married I went up to unit 1 and 27 for an archery deer hunt with my new in-laws. The oldest brother in law was about 18 at the time. He had the reputation of being a bit selfish. It was raining and we were on our way back to camp from spending a few hours tracking a wounded deer. I was up front with my father in law and another guy. We decided to stop suddenly and this other guy and I would jump out and both start running "after a good 4x4 buck" just to see what this brother in law would do. So we jump out and I take off running up this embankment, clawing my way through the mud. My father in law says out the window to my two brothers in law that there was a good buck up the hill and to go around the bend in the road and cut them off. The older boy and the younger boy (about 16) jumped out of the back of the truck and start running down the road. The younger one had already shot and missed on the trip so the older one was already upset about that. The older grabs the younger and pushes him out of the yelling you already had your chance, its my turn... stay here you idiot! We all had a really good laugh from that. Not a selfish bone in that boys body. :lol:

I usually leave an old set of binos on the passenger side floor board of the Bronco. After we see a few animals and get all excited, I tell whoever is with me to "grab them glasses for me!" So of course they reach for'em and I tap the brakes and bounce their head off the dash! Mean, I know, but funny....every time!

stole this one from an Eastwood movie:

After a long hike in and a pretty prodcutive day it is was fun to produce an unknown beer: crack it and give a nice AHH after the first sip. When your hunting buddy (brother) looks at you wondering just where it the world you got the beer or just how dumb you are to pack it in, reach deep down in HIS pack to the secret stash and give him the other one. it was priceless!

• Like 1

I was the prankee on this one but I have a good sense of humor and laugh with them everytime its brought up.

During a one of my first Couse hunts I was with four other guys. I believe I was 21 or 22 at the time. I have brought a bottle of blackberry brandy. Its a family tradition to take a swig after your kill. Well after a pretty good pack back to camp with the deer, while I was skinning they replaced my brandy with NyQuil. I opened the bottle and took a huge swig. Not realizing until after I swallowed what had happened. I then threw up because I cannot stand the taste of NyQuil. They were rolling for 30 minutes and so was I after my stomach stopped kicking me.

Well first there was the rattlesnake (dead) I put in one of the other guides sleeping bag. Aloud scream was all I heard...

The next hunt one of the other guides brought his girlfriend along. We planted one of those foxpro remote callers in their tent under a shirt. When they went to bed we hit the play button. I think we had "bear cubs fighting" playing. they both came running out of the tent...