I was a victim from a prankster I had never met before.

Was going on a bear trip to a spot we had to hike in a ways.

I had some room in my pack and this new guy to me asked

if I would mind packing a couple of water jugs to which I agreed.

I was hot and kinda steep so we would stop, take a little breather

and have a drink of water. rather than take my pack off I would

just leave it on and they would grab their water jugs and have a drink.

Little did I know with my back turned to them they would add a baseball

size rock to my pack every time they got the jug out and put it back.

I was thinking this hike had kinda kicked my butt but just chalked it

up to the beers I had drank the night before.

When we got to our destination I slipped my pack off to get settled in

and get a drink before we started calling.

Boy was I surprised to find what was in my pack thanks to my new found friend.

This guy is a gem when it comes to pranks and maybe TJ will tell the story

about the muzzle loader and the payback the prankster received :lol:

A few year's ago me my uncle and some friends went quail hunting we all went our seperate ways and said we would meet back at the truck in 2 hours. As I was walking back to the truck I saw a rattlesnake and shot it so I threw it in my game bags and headed back to the truck. Well when I got back a friend of mine was back so I said let's play a trick on my Uncle so I took the rattlesnake still moving and squirming and put it in the ice chest (head completely removed obviously). So not 5 minutes had gone by when my uncle comes back and reaches into the ice chest to get something to drink and the snake coiled around his arm. Never heard those sounds come from a grown man before! I laughed until I couldn't breathe. Even now a few year's later he never open's an ice chest without looking first. :P

Another good laugh was on a dove hunt in the desert. I had shot a rattler that scarred the heck outta me and they take a long time to stop moving around. My cousin grabs it sneeks up behind my other cousin and draps it around his shoulders. My cousin didn't seem to know it was a snake on him but once the snake moved he quickly realized what it was and freaked out! He had a shotgun that he swung out and made everyone else jump out of the way while laughing hysterically! It was great!

me and my dad when were glassin always say "bingo" and then the newbie askes what whereand gets all excited. and we say have you played that game before? works everytime haha

I just remembered a time when a friend of the group who moved to NM

came to Elk camp to spend a few days.

His best buddy there Ronnie had gotten up from the camp fire

to go talk to his favorite tree and Mike grabbed a log or 6

and put them in his bed in the trailer.

I had long since gone to bed when he discovered them.

Guess it was quite comical when he found them.

Wonder if Lark may have a story or two :rolleyes:

Another story that happened we were down off oracle junction at our annual quail hunt and one of our buddies is DEATHLY afraid of snakes so of course I took it upon myself to test his limit. I found a good size bull snake, caught it and put it in his sleeping bag inside his tent knowing he would take a nap after the morning hunt little did I know what would happen next.......he came back to camp ate breakfast and went to his tent to take his ritual nap with his .45 on his hip got inside zipped it up and about 60 seconds later proceeded to scream and yell and unload his pistol into his sleeping bag :blink: the rest of us cleared camp running out into the desert. Needless to say we gave him one heck of a scare and we got one to!

p.s. I don't prank people with snakes after that lol!! well maybe if they are unarmed.

My buddy, my son (12 at the time) and I all drew cow elk tags in NM. So I bought a walled tent w/stove. As we retired for the night, I see my buddy put his boots over by the stove so that they would be warm in the AM. During the nite, I get up and throw another log in the stove and got his boots and hid them. After the alarm goes off, we talk about how well the tent and stove work and plan the day. I see him looking around for his boots but he wont say anything. I'd filled my son in on it so he's going along with it good. Finally, he says that he put his boots over by the stove but can't find them. I told him that I hadn't seen his boots but during the nite I had gotten up to put more wood in the stove and I had trouble getting a couple of the logs through the door but I finally got them in. The look on his face was priceless.

Great post. So several years ago some of my buddies and I have javelina tags in unit 21. There were at least 8 of us total. Four of us went to one area and the other guys were camping and hunting somewhere else. Anyway, the other group ended up getting a pig and while we were still hunting they caped it out leaving the head intact and the legs from the joint down. While we are still hunting they come to our camp and set this thing up with a couple rocks tucked under the cape and made it look like it was laying down on it's stomach with it's legs below it about 20 yards from out camp. So here we come and I walk out to take a leak and see this thing. I start back tracking trying to get everyone's attention. There were 4 of us with bows at full draw on this thing when we realize it is dead already.

I was a victim from a prankster I had never met before.

Was going on a bear trip to a spot we had to hike in a ways.

I had some room in my pack and this new guy to me asked

if I would mind packing a couple of water jugs to which I agreed.

I was hot and kinda steep so we would stop, take a little breather

and have a drink of water. rather than take my pack off I would

just leave it on and they would grab their water jugs and have a drink.

Little did I know with my back turned to them they would add a baseball

size rock to my pack every time they got the jug out and put it back.

I was thinking this hike had kinda kicked my butt but just chalked it

up to the beers I had drank the night before.

When we got to our destination I slipped my pack off to get settled in

and get a drink before we started calling.

Boy was I surprised to find what was in my pack thanks to my new found friend.

This guy is a gem when it comes to pranks and maybe TJ will tell the story

about the muzzle loader and the payback the prankster received :lol:

GH is right about this guy being a gem when it comes to pranks. He was in on writing the book. :lol:

Before he got his paback I have to tell the story leading up to it. His name is Mike, of all things, and he and another friend of mine, Scott, had gotten drawn for a muzzle loader hunt. Well Scott's birthday was coming up and his family was throwing a party for Scott and a bunch of his hunting buddies were invited. Scott had yet to purchase a gun so Mike, the gem of pranks, had his muzzle loader box from his gun and decided to fill it with tomatos, onions, and enough rocks to match the weight of a gun and wrap it for his present and signed it from all his buddies. Scott hates tomatos & onions by the way. This was saved for his last present to open and he read the card first that said from all his buddies and good luck hunting. As he unwrapped it and saw the box he was speachless and a few tears of happiness over came him as he couldn't believe his buddies all pitched in on such an expensive present. He was thanking each one of us with so much emotion, it was hard keeping a straight face and his family didn't have a clue and thought we all were a bunch of great guys. Well, he opened that box and saw all the tomatos, onions, and rocks. We should have had that on video cause he went through so many emotions in just a few moments and no one could stop laughing at is disappointment. His Grandmother did not think it funny one bit and let us know about it. :( Naturally Grandma gave him the money to buy himself a gun after feeling so badly for her Grandson. :lol:

Now it was payback time for Mike. Scott had to get even, being a little bit of a prankster himself. Mike had been scouting a water hole near Casa Grand and spent alot of hours scouting and running back and forth from Mesa. He had a giant of a muley coming in and was so excited for opening morning to arrive. Scott had a friend who owns a sign company where he had them make a sign. Not just an ordinary sign but a huge sign saying Huge Buck This Way and a picture of a huge muley pointing towards where you had to turn to go to the water hole for all to see. Scott and another buddy drove out after dark the night before opening season, all the way from Mesa, and placed it in the ground at the last dirt intersection where Mike's head lights would shine on it in the morning hours. They knew Mike would get out and try and remove the sign before continuing on to his catchment not wanting others to see it, so they placed axel grease all over the back side of the post. It worked to a tee as I was told later. Mike was a little late, as always, and was hurrying to get to his stand when he approached his last split in the road to turn and spotted the sign that was lit up like a neon sign from his headlights. He didn't have time to think but knew that sign had to come down. He ran up and grabbed the post and you can imagine what happened next. Not only did he have grease all over his hands but now on his hunting cloths. :lol: :lol: PAYBACK!

Maybe I should not have brought that up for you to reply to since no posts

have been made since :P

That is a tough one to top but come on guys,

you have to have some good stories ;)

This is a great topic, keep it going.

Did anyone hear that Lady Di was killed in a car accident :rolleyes:

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

You may not use those words on this site TJ

That Nyquil story made me pee a little. . . . :lol: And the snake in the cooler too! These stories are stinkin hilarious!

One time four of us were archery deer hunting. We had been hunting all day long for 4 straight days.

We were all Tired, beat up, and whooped. As we bounced along this old back road on our way back to camp I saw two does walking into a small bowl that we couldn't see from the road.

I yelled "Buck" and promptly bolted from the bed of the truck while it was still moving . . . running over 200 yards to about 30 yards from this small bowl, I looked back to see all 3 friends hanging over the side of the truck watching me in their binos.

I acted excited as I made my hands look like "BIG BUCK" over my head. . . . they all perked up and started really focussing on me!

I stalked around a few trees and pulled my rangefinder up and clicked it . . . . slowly drew my bow and stepped out from a tree. . . .Took careful aim and shot!

I jumped in the air yelling "I GOT HIM!" and dropped my bow and took off sprinting toward the stump down into the bowl!!!!

I watched the two does run out, (as they were the only deer in that bowl) and then I layed in the bottom of that bowl laughing hysterically and EAGERLY awaiting the arrival of all three friends who had dropped their stuff and sprinted all the way to that bowl to find me laying there laughing my arse off. . . . They were all winded and pissed off . . . . . It was a good one!

They have never forgiven me.

Elk hunting last year, I had a group of 5-6 of us in the same camp all over an area. Near enough for radio checks. We decided to meet up for lunch after seeing nothing and investigate some shooting we were hearing.

After a 90 minute hike we get to a road and hear another shot real close. We walk a bit and find 4 yahoos target shooting.

Well we line up our exit and after 2 guys let out bugles 3 of us pop of shots and yell "You got Him"

We hoof it over the hill and these yahoos come up the road to about where we shot and our radios crackle with

"Hey dave, Was that you?"

One of our guys calls back

"Joe is that, you? yeah, it was me..."

Silence for a minute and Joe answers "where are you" -

Oh I got a big bull down in this canyon about 1/2 mile up the road, You got a knife and some rope?"

Joe says . " No I don't, where are yours"

I lost em"

Joe says I guess I can hike back to camp and get some..

Okay, Hurry up though

Now the funny part is that Joe actually was the guys name!

Anyway, about 30 minutes later as we are still hiking out, we call out to Joe and ask where he is.

Joe, Are you about here. I need that rope and knife.

Joe says, "almost to the top of the canyon Where are you"

I'm almost to the bottom of the canyon, Hey, Do you have any toilet paper?

Silence

Joe says, "naw, I don't... But I got the knife.."

"Joe, I REALLY Need some toilet Paper"

Silence..

Joe says "Are you sure you can't wait?"

"No way man, I really gotta have some toilet paper."

Silence...

"Okay, I'll go back to camp and bring some."

We laughed so hard we forgot all about the bad hunting day....

I think I'm going to buys some Obama, rainbow "I Love Cowboy" stickers for this year...

Simple and if placed correctly could be the gift that keeps on giving...

Well don't know how funny this is but my buddy sure thought it was. Anyway, a group of my friends were out duck hunting near Yuma and we spent the night out on the river. As with most hunts we had a few beers and started to tell lies and I guess I fell asleep in the chair, so my friends thought it would be funny to put the fire under my seat! Seems as if when I came around I got up in a hurry on the run don't ya know!