Sign in to follow this  
bobbyo

36A Help build new water catchments! volunteers needed.

Volunteer Wildlife Water Project

2 New Water Catchments in Unit 36A

Mile Post 33 and 28 on the east side of highway 286. (Sasabe Highway south of Three Points, AZ)

The Amado Catchment and Enriquez Catchment are named after the contractors who are donating their equipment for the projects. Both projects will be built simultaneously so we will need volunteers to help at each site. Each catchment is a newly constructed wildlife water catchment that will have over a 9,000 gallon storage capacity that will create a year round reliable water source for all wildlife. The money used to purchase materials for this project came from sportsman’s dollars (license fees, Governor’s tag and the Super Raffle). The project was a priority for the Tucson Habitat Partnership Committee (a group of local sportsman who work with the department to improve conditions for wildlife) and with your support, be an oasis for wildlife for many years to come.

Build Schedule (Crews will begin early (7ish) everyday)

Tuesday October 6th – Game and Fish Crews arrive with materials. Set up camp. Lay out dig area and prep materials for the build.

Wednesday October 7th – Contractors arrive and begin digging.

Thursday October 8th – Contractors complete holes and begin placing tanks.

Friday October 9th – Volunteers arrive to assist with storage tank construction, metal aprons, and perimeter fence.

Saturday October 10th - Volunteers arrive to assist with storage tank construction, metal aprons, and perimeter fence.

Sunday October 11th – Volunteers arrive again to help finish the project.

Anyone who is interested, please contact me so that I can give you meeting locations. Tucson Chapter of SCI will be helping with food and drinks so please give send us an RSVP so that they can provide enough food.

Thank you and please feel free to forward to anyone who you believe would like to volunteer.

Gabriel Paz

Law Enforcement Program Manager, Tucson

Arizona Game and Fish Department

555 N. Greasewood Road

Tucson , AZ 85745

Office 520-388-4443

Cell Phone 520-975-5162

gpaz@azgfd.gov

Volunteer Wildlife Water Project

2 New Water Catchments in Unit 36A

Mile Post 33 and 28 on the east side of highway 286. (Sasabe Highway south of Three Points, AZ)

The Amado Catchment and Enriquez Catchment are named after the contractors who are donating their equipment for the projects. Both projects will be built simultaneously so we will need volunteers to help at each site. Each catchment is a newly constructed wildlife water catchment that will have over a 9,000 gallon storage capacity that will create a year round reliable water source for all wildlife. The money used to purchase materials for this project came from sportsman’s dollars (license fees, Governor’s tag and the Super Raffle). The project was a priority for the Tucson Habitat Partnership Committee (a group of local sportsman who work with the department to improve conditions for wildlife) and with your support, be an oasis for wildlife for many years to come.

Build Schedule (Crews will begin early (7ish) everyday)

Tuesday October 6th – Game and Fish Crews arrive with materials. Set up camp. Lay out dig area and prep materials for the build.

Wednesday October 7th – Contractors arrive and begin digging.

Thursday October 8th – Contractors complete holes and begin placing tanks.

Friday October 9th – Volunteers arrive to assist with storage tank construction, metal aprons, and perimeter fence.

Saturday October 10th - Volunteers arrive to assist with storage tank construction, metal aprons, and perimeter fence.

Sunday October 11th – Volunteers arrive again to help finish the project.

Anyone who is interested, please contact me so that I can give you meeting locations. Tucson Chapter of SCI will be helping with food and drinks so please give send us an RSVP so that they can provide enough food.

Thank you and please feel free to forward to anyone who you believe would like to volunteer.

Gabriel Paz

Law Enforcement Program Manager, Tucson

Arizona Game and Fish Department

555 N. Greasewood Road

Tucson , AZ 85745

Office 520-388-4443

Cell Phone 520-975-5162

gpaz@azgfd.gov

Spent a couple of hours down in 36a this morning. I have never seen it so dry. I checked out several tanks that were almost the size of Pena Blanca lake two years ago, that had become bone dry. Glad to see these projects going in.

Hey everyone! Just bumping this to the top, as the weekend is FAST approaching. Gabe Paz once again sent out a call for volunteers this morning!! They could use all the help they can get! I'll be there on Saturday for sure, and hopefully Friday as well.

Thanks all!

S.

:)

Would love to make the trip down to help, but it was not scheduled very well..... There are juniors hunts this weekend.. Daughter has a juniors deer hunt starting tomorrow. Maybe next time

Richard I'll be up with my little bro, good luck to you. I too wish I could make it down to help. It is just not a good weekend with the hunts.