Sign in to follow this  
RFactor

My 13 yr. old Son's First Coues Buck

My son got his first Coues deer this past Saturday morning. We got out to our spot as the sun was coming up and set up the ground blind. I have been watching this deer for the past couple years on trail cameras and knew he came by this area early in the morning. My son was reading while we were waiting for this big buck to show up. I whispered to my son and told him to get ready, I had my tripod set up with a shooting rest and placed it in front of him. He took his time and made a perfect 100 yard shot through the chest with his Savage .243 100 grain psp. The deer hunched up and went about 20 yards and fell over. We were out of the blind so fast I don't remember unzipping it. I was so proud of my son, I dang near squeezed him to death. I think he was shocked how big this buck was. My brother-in-law and I did a quick measurement and came up with 96 inches! It did not take any arm twisting at all, when I told my wife we were getting this buck mounted for him. My son has taken two shots at big game and is a perfect two for two, cow elk last year and now this big guy.

post-2060-1255483070_thumb.jpg

beautiful buck congrats,that deer is going to look great on the wall with those dark brown antlers possibly a semi sneak pose?