Sign in to follow this  
jeffd

Roys first mulie

Congratulations to Roy and why isn't there any pictures or story? Can't wait to hear how it went. Doesn't Roy have an elk hunt this week coming up? Good luck on it and keep me informed how it goes. :)

TJ

TJ,As for the story. We spent a few days scouting and found seven different bucks.We were in the spot we wanted to start when we heard a shot so we moved to a backup spot.Once there we had around 20 deer feeding near us.Mostly does and fawns.Roy had a 2x1 standing for a shot but couldn't get on him in time.We started sneaking in on the buck and had to get around a doe that was in our way when I saw a forkie back to our right.Roy got down on the ground and made a great shot dropping the buck.It's not a big buck but we are all so happy for his first.We were done at 7:15 opening day and Roy was back in bed with the flu at 9:00.I dont know what I'm doing wrong with pictures but will figure it out.

Jeff, I'm so happy for Roy and I know he had the best guide available. Good job on getting him in on his first kill. I hope he is going to be alright. Make sure you tell him I'm pulling for him to get better and keep me informed on his elk hunt. Good luck and thanks for sharing the story. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

TJ