Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Fall Color in New England

Well, as usual, my husband and I very much enjoyed our trip to New Hampshire and Maine to visit his parents and siblings and all the neices and nephews. We always try and go at peak color since it's just so amazing driving around New England with all the colorful trees.

In addition to posting some photos, I thought I would make a little video with highlights from the trip. We were out there for 10 days and had great visits with family and friends. We were also fortunate enough to get to spend a few days on Swan's Island off the Maine coast and do some touring of Acadia National park. It was peak color up there and just gorgeous!!

I captured some video using my little digital camera so you could see the variety of colors as we drove along. It's not the greatest quality, but it gives an idea of the scenery. We had a lot of rainy and cloudy days so some of the colors are a bit muted in the video, but really they were spectacular!

I will post a few pics below for those that can't watch the video. But there are lots more photos in the video for those that are interested.

Link to video:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/video_clips/Foliage_2009.wmv

post-1-1255961996.jpg

post-1-1255961952_thumb.jpg

post-1-1255961674_thumb.jpg

post-1-1255961859.jpg

post-1-1255962065_thumb.jpg

post-1-1255966754_thumb.jpg

Wow Amanda! Great pics!!!

Greta and I were on a 'father/daughter' camp-out this weekend with a bunch of folks, and we had a great time collecting 'fall leafs' and such in the forest..... NOTHING like those bright red colors from the Northeast though! ;)

S.

:)

Wow, that's great! While in college I spent two summers working in Maine and loved it!!! Spent days off touring around, never had enough time to see it all. I've always wanted to go back. Now I see these pictures, when I do go again, it has to be in the Fall!

Gorgeous photos, those trees are amazingly bright! What a contrast from what I'm seeing out my window right now, only bland desert here!

Great video Amanda.....you guys crack me up :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it! I can't believe no one else has commented on the video. I figured it would get some laughs.

did you like the digiscoped porcupine I spotted up in a tree?

Amanda

Great video Amanda.....you guys crack me up :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it! I can't believe no one else has commented on the video. I figured it would get some laughs.

did you like the digiscoped porcupine I spotted up in a tree?

Amanda

That was cool too at first I had no idea what it was and then you did an extreme close up.. :P