KidBowHunter

Pray for Marvin Robbins' family

As many of you may know, Marvin Robbins is one of the best turkey hunters in the country. He has been inducted into the Arizona Outdoor Hall Of Fame. While on a deer hunt yesterday, Marvin had just taken a buck. He was taking care of it, when his heart gave out, and he went to Christ. This has affected me, he was a great mentor to me, and my family, but it has affected Marvin's family a lot more. I ask that you would please pray for Marvin's family.

-Troy

Prayers and wishes sent. RIP Marvin

As many of you may know, Marvin Robbins is one of the best turkey hunters in the country. He has been inducted into the Arizona Outdoor Hall Of Fame. While on a deer hunt yesterday, Marvin had just taken a buck. He was taking care of it, when his heart gave out, and he went to Christ. This has affected me, he was a great mentor to me, and my family, but it has affected Marvin's family a lot more. I ask that you would please pray for Marvin's family.

-Troy

Prayers sent.

What a way to go. God's last earthly gift to him, IMO. My fear is that I will die at my desk at work.

My prayers go out to his family and friends. I'm with DB on what a nice way to spend your last day on earth.

Marvin was a top-notch hunter and warrior for Jesus! He was not ashamed of the Gospel and preached the Word at every opportunity he got. I am sorry that he has left us for now.

We'll miss you Marvin and thanks for making a difference in SO many lives, like ours! When it's my time, I hope to go iconfidentally and in like-fashion!

GiG

My prayers go out to his family and friends. I'm with DB on what a nice way to spend your last day on earth.

:( I will miss him dearly, he was a mentor, friend and a wonderful man of God. His legacy will never be forgoten. He touched so many lives. I know the boss gobbler is enjoying our Lord Jesus. Tell we meet again my good friend. ;)

+1... We could all only wish to pass in such a time and place. May that thought bring some peace to the hearts of his loved ones.

Earlier today I was informed about the crushing news of Marvin's passing. Several years ago when I graduated from high school I applied for the NWTF scholarship and lone and behold I was selected to recieve this honor. Never would I have imagined what a great man and role model would be introduced into my life.

When I was presented the scholarship Marvin Robbins who was the current president of the Arizona chapter presented it to me. Not knowing Marvin other than speaking with him on the phone I shared my love and passion for the outdoors in which he insisted that I come free of charge on one of his "in the woods turkey seminars." This man took me under his "wing" and taught me from square one how to hunt turkey's the right the way, all along the while praising god and teaching his word. In the years to come I would return to the turkey seminar along with Marvin helping him in any way possible.

This man took a kid off of the street, a complete stranger, and dedicated his own personal time to install the great morals and values that he possessed. Marvin would always ask me about my personal life and share his own lessons so that I could learn from my mistakes and always revert back to God and his word.

I would just like to say that this world is a less a place without Marvin Robbins and he will be forever missed. My prayers go out to his Family and friends.

I was so very sad to hear that Marvin had passed away. I was told by my step-father who heard through the grapevine in Game & Fish, that it happed during a fall deer hunt. Marvin was a good friend of mine, who also took me under his wing and taught me just about everything inregards to turking hunting. Back in 2003, my brother was lucky enough to get a scholership from the NWTF, we never thought it would utimately lead us to a great person.

As we became good friends with Marvin, we began to help with his turkey seminars on a yearly basis. My brother and I never got paid, but did it because we were getting something better..... knowledge and enjoyement of sharing the outdoors with Marvin and his family. I will always remember Marvin and always think of him when I am chasing that awesume boss gobbler.

The world may have lost a great man this weekend, but heaven gained a wounderfull angel.

Rest in Peace Marvin.

-Ryan

Marvin loved his wife Barbara, his family, and hunting (especially turkey!) But more than anything else, he loved the Lord.

He was like a father to me. He taught me how to hunt turkey, but more importantly, he taught me about Christ. He baptized my entire family and me.

He was more than ready to go home to Christ, but we weren't ready to let him go.

Mark

FATHER GOD,

WE REJOICE THAT MARVIN IS AT HOME WITH YOU! WE SELFISHLY LONG FOR HIM TO BE WITH US, BUT WE KNOW THAT YOUR PLAN IS PERFECT AND HE IS RIGHT WHERE HE SHOULD BE, WITH YOU. PLEASE COMFORT HIS WIFE BARBARA AND HIS FAMILY. PLEASE GIVE STRENGTH TO MARVIN'S FRIENDS TO CARE FOR AND SUPPORT BARBARA.

IN JESUS' NAME, AMEN.

post-426-1256610125.jpg

THE LAST THING MARVIN SAID TO ME WHEN I CALLED HIM ABOUT A PENDING DIVORCE WAS HE SUGGESTED THE MOVIE FIREPROOF. THIS MOVIE ABOUT HOW GOD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE AND MARRIAGE HELPED ME TURN MY LIFE BACK OVER TO THE LORD. WE HAD A SHORT CONVERSATION BUT EVEN IN THAT LITTLE TIME HE MANAGED TO HELP GODS WILL BE DONE. HE IS HOME NOW & I WONDER HOW MANY OTHERS HE TURNED AROUND IN HIS LAST DAYS ON EARTH. I AM SO VERY GLAD THAT BOWHUNTER4LIFE TOLD ME TO CALL HIM...

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY. MIKE