Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

high fence bulls

Located only 45 minutes from Traverse City and 2 hours from Lansing, Deer Tracks Ranch sets nestled in the remote wilds of Northern Michigan. Bounded by the acclaimed trout waters of The Big Manistee river, Deer Tracks remains one of the most pristine and unbroken tracks in the lower peninsula. Venturing into this unique wilderness by itself is spellbinding, but when populated for years with genetically superior elk fed a scientific antler-growing diet, the impact on most hunters is downright staggering.

got a serious case of nausea from proud farmers like this...elk farmers...

i've never "got" the high fence thrill. don't understand it at all. i also don't get sitting in an elevated blind over a cornpile either. sitting water or natural salt or feed is entirely different. i'm sorta on the fence about guys establishing a salt lick. don't even know why, but i guess i don't quite get that either. i guess as long as a guy is putting in some real work in the wild, i'm for it. food plots, cornflingers, senderos, permanent blinds, supplemental feeding, high fences, etc, ya just as well hunt cows or other livestock. and then when these huntin' show puds talk about hard they had to work to sit in that blind for a few hours, i about puke. i think the antlers look cool, but i ain't gonna spend any time after a high fencer. Lark.

I think about all the animals my family has taken over the years. None has ever been taken over water, salt, bait etc. We just like to "hunt" and like the way we do it. I'm not knocking anybody else about the way they do it. We just like to get out and see what we can find on our own.

Not knocking anyones ways either but "all natural" for me is the most rewarding. Baiting, feeding etc, would cost alot I would think, also you know they are gonna show eventually. I like the challenge of not knowing when and where its gonna be as fustrating as it can be sometimes. The Tv shows are neat to see the size of the animals but these guys are shooters, farmers, not really hunters IMAO. They are guided right to the animals or crop them up in there backyard and get all outragously happy like they are suprised to see the animal they just shot. Genetically altered may be a big deal to see how big they get to a scientist doing a experiment but to a hunter?? Theres nothing wild about it or even challenging! No skill required. Just not for me but to each his own, I guess!