has Anyone hunted 35a Oct hunt?

If so how was it?

I have the 35a nov27 hunt

Been scouting a lot this year and it seem like there was a good buck to doe ratio.

I've got a 35a tag for the Nov 6th hunt, scouted a couple areas. Didn't see any bucks and only a few does, maybe i didn't look hard enough lol. I did see a lot of good sign though and plan to set up on a hill top with a good veiw of those spots. I'm not sure where you're hunting but i scouted around the canelo hills one day and didn't see to many people hunting and found a few spots with mineral and salt licks, i'll probably check those out from time to time. Lots of good looking country but again i haven't seen any bucks.

I hunted 35A for the Oct 23-29th hunt and didn't get a buck. Opening day saw a spike but until the last 30 minutes of the last day didn't see any bucks ( except for mule deer). I would advise not to hunt the graveyard, it got shot up quite a bit the first couple of days.

Thank you for some of the info

I have scouted by canelo hills not to bad I will be the first one to tell you that I did not see any bucks over 70 not sure why. I went scouting about 4 times this year. My honey hole seemed dead.

About two years ago I did see a 105 buck that I was hoping would be around for next year, did not see him did tag out on a nice 80 buck last year but he was my plain B.

This year I really did not see or was imprested with the quality of the bucks.

The reason for the post is two fold one I wanted to know if any one tagged out on a nice buck

And if this is going to be my last year of putting in on this unit.

I love the Diverse landscape of the unit in my opinion there is none like it in the southern parts of the state. It seem that over the years the amount and the quality of bucks have been on a decline, not sure why.(Hunted in the unit for the past ten years).

I am not a hunter how goes for only big bucks 80 or better. I enjoy the hunt and also enjoy the meat. But after so many years of hunting these majestic animals I would like to have a 100 or better. But like I said I have time for that.

Thank you for your info and if any one is going to that unit on Nov 27 your more then welcome to camp out with us or come on over for a good meal anytime.

Forgot to mention, I did run into a couple of guys that shot a decent buck near parker canyon lake on opening morning. I'd guess it was in the high 90's or better not to wide but tons of mass, good looking 4x4 with decent brows.

nice

i did hear about a 110 that was shot in that area with alot of mass

QUOTE (ron b @ Nov 3 2009, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed that DIllon camo mentioned not to hunt the graveyard. What area or what is the graveyard in 35a?

Ron

Not sure, but i'd like to find out...wonder if he know something we don't :o :lol:

I guided a client in 35a during the first hunt. We hunted 6 days and glassed a total of 34 different bucks. I bet we saw over 100 deer during the 6 days, I did see a good number of bucks from the mid 90's to the biggest being about 112 or so. I can say this look for mountain mahogany!!!!!!!!!!

The graveyard is by the canelo hills quite a few miles north of parker canyon lake. There is this graveyard out there, there is a small white building that you can see from highway 83. Its out in the more open country not really a lot of dense brush. Lots of deep washes though hard to spot and stalk through. Its the only name I have heard for it. Anyways the only bucks that I know were killed out of there were spikes.

• Like 1

I guess I should have asked Ward where he had seen some deer. I spent roughly 5 days of the hunt and only seeing 2 bucks.

There are some really nice bucks in this unit. I have hunted it for ten years, until this year ended up in 36B wanted to see some new country. Did not get one this year but really liked 36B. The first buck pictured was from 2003 and was killed in the mustangs and scored 94 the second buck was killed in 2007 and scored 100. It was killed in the Black oak cemetary area.

post-2271-1257282396_thumb.jpg

post-2271-1257282918_thumb.jpg

QUOTE (ron b @ Nov 3 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks. I will be heading out there on Friday afternoon. I will keep an eye out for zombies.

Ron

Hey ron b are you heading out there to hunt or to scout? I'll somewhere in that area on Friday and monday i'll probably camp out there for a few days.