Sign in to follow this  
Apache7mm

San Carlos Apache Rez 108 buck

My uncle shot this nice buck during the tribal member deer season here on the San Carlos, its got great main beams and good mass, gross score is 108 B&C.

He's looking to get it shoulder mounted, anyone know what a good shoulder mount runs these days? any recommendations?

cb1n.jpg

cb2.jpg

cb3j.jpg

DAN

$750 to mount a midget deer!! ain't coues deer half price? they oughta be. you can use a mouse form on em.

that's a nice buck, tho, even for a pigmy deer. did he shoot it on the nantac? i see it in the background there. when i went to eagle the other day i went across the the rez. seen a lotta Apaches wearing orange. saw a kid, looked about 16, over by pine flat tank with a spike muley. Lark.

Ask Clay Goldman over at Mogollon Taxidermy. He is a sponsor of this site and does some of the best coues mounts around. It'll cost you a premium but with a great buck like that whats a few hundred bucks... ;)

Wow Dan, That's a great looking buck! Congrats to your uncle! I'm sure you had a "little" to do with that! :P I like Chris Williams' work at Trapper's Den in Wagon Wheel, and I've heard good things about a guy in Springerville that typically charges less than the better known guys but does a really good job from what I've heard. Shoot me a PM if you want some more info.

Hey thanks for all the info guys, yea my uncle don't really mind the prices, he's just been out of the taxi-cost list for awhile so he just wanted to know what they're running today, first thing he's gonna get mounted in a long time, he took this buck in UNIT C, not on the Nantac, just stopped there for some photos.

For all the guys with San Carlos NOV and JAN tags, not too many big coues were taken this year from the tribal hunt, from the sounds of it a lot of big deer got away, and if you guys havn't been out here in awhile don't freak out on all the dried up tanks all over the rez cuz there's plenty, regarless everyone still saw deer in the usual honey holes though.

Also i'll go ahead and drop the bomb about a 136" gross 3x3 coues that was killed by a tribal member this season, i've only seen pictures and it's pretty amazing, i gotta get more info on it still though, sorry for the tease guys.