Sign in to follow this  
ultramag

turrets

I have a leupold vxl 4.5x14 that I would like to add turrets. I found a link to kenton industries looks like they have some nice turrets but I don't know anything about how these would mount on my existing scope or even if they would at all. any ideas?

I have been thinking about one of these too. From the Kenton site you just loosen the set screw to take off the factory knob and replace it with their turret. Check out their FAQ section it shows what scopes they have been used on. Once I get a load developed for my .243 I think I am going to try them out.

I had done the same thing with my Leopold scope a few years ago and the best thing to do is call Leopold the manufacture them selves and they will ask you to send In the scope. They will go over with you on the phone or email on what you would like to do . And the best part they put in the new turrets for you .

Are you getting TURRETS that have the yardage on them? If you get that system you will need to give them info like

Average

Velocity (fps)

Bullet Wt (gr)

Bullet BC(ballistic coefficient)

Start Distance

Altitude (ft)

Temperature (F)

Scope Ht (inch)

And some other stuff I can’t remember sorry

But to be honest with you I changed my TURRETS after a year. I did not like that system bcs every thing is a average measurements and there is no changing it. If you hunt in the northern part of the state the elevation is different then the southern part of the state. If you go out of the state to hunt, things like temperature and so on and so on effects your shot big time

I am using a ¼ moa system as well as mil dot system for my wind (I could use the moa for wind but it takes to much time in the field)

I think ones you understand MOA turrets You will realize the difference in your shooting abilities it’s the most accurate way

I love it opens up a new way of shooting your rifle and things like wing elevation even the type of bullet that you shoot make a difference.

Good luck

I ordered the turret from kention industries the guy I talked to was very helpful. the turret that I am getting has the yardage on it and is caliber specific. they make several different ones the one I ordered goes out to like 800yards in 25 yard incraments with a 200 yard zero.

most of the factory ammo for the .270 wsm has almost exact ballistics for the poly tipped bullets. so I should find somethig that shoots close to the setting. I will have to test this when I get it.

I don't remember the owners name but yes

he is very helpful and pleasant to talk with.

I am sure he told you, you can order replacement

range rings if you change guns or start loading

and the ones your getting are off to much.

the way you shoot anything will help!!!!! :lol:

well I have shot 3 coues bucks with 3 shots. you on the other hand it takes you at least 3 shots to eat tag soup. :P

I don't remember the owners name but yes

he is very helpful and pleasant to talk with.

I am sure he told you, you can order replacement

range rings if you change guns or start loading

and the ones your getting are off to much.

thats good to know. I didn't ask that question. thanks

I've bought two turrets from kenton industries, one for my 30.06 and one for my .243. They make an OK product, but if you have a Leopold scope it is best to send them the scope and have them make the turret to your load. Leopold turrets are way better than the ones you buy from kenton industries. If you have a different scope then I would go with KI but not with Leopold...

I've bought two turrets from kenton industries, one for my 30.06 and one for my .243. They make an OK product, but if you have a Leopold scope it is best to send them the scope and have them make the turret to your load. Leopold turrets are way better than the ones you buy from kenton industries. If you have a different scope then I would go with KI but not with Leopold...

what makes the luepold turrets better?

What is a turrent?! I have never heard of this before. I have TURRETS on two of my rifles though...

Better than tourettes.

My rifle sometimes has this syndrone as I am about to jerk the trigger.

What is a turrent?! I have never heard of this before. I have TURRETS on two of my rifles though...

Better than tourettes.

My rifle sometimes has this syndrone as I am about to jerk the trigger.

crazy cooz has the same problem..............lol he is his own tourettes.