Sign in to follow this  
CO308

Mid-day glassing?

Do coues deer get up and feed some during mid-day or change bedding positions? I've seen mule deer change positions sometimes in mid-day and wondering if coues will do the same. Thanks for any input.

Yes they feed all day. I have watched them come into water at 8:00 am to 2:30 pm and the following day watch the same deer come in at late afternoon till dark. Go figure :blink:

I see more deer moving around mid-day when there is a full moon . For some reason the animals seem to bed earlier but come out earlier in the day. Just my experience in the area I hunt.

Whitetail deer I find are a-lot like people..... They are creatures of habit day in and day out, they stay within 1-2 miles of where they are born, and they like to get up during the day feed and stretch out rather than laying in one position all the time. Kind of like me when I get to lounge and do nothing every once in a while. ;)

If I had a license, I would glass all day everyday during the season until I found and shot one that satisfies me. You can glass everyday of the year, but only get a few days a year to shoot one, make the most of every minute of daylight. ;)

--Bill

If I had a license, I would glass all day everyday during the season until I found and shot one that satisfies me. You can glass everyday of the year, but only get a few days a year to shoot one, make the most of every minute of daylight. ;)

--Bill

Well said +1

It's people that need to bed down in the middle of the day.

Mike

A mid-day nap is definitely a nice thing every now and then, especially after a few early mornings and long hikes.

I think the deer only move the first couple hours every morning and the last 15 minutes of shooting light.... ;) Why would they move in the middle of the day?? :rolleyes: ;)

:P :lol: :P :lol: :P ;)