Sign in to follow this  
mason a

DIRTBAG ARCHERY ELK HUNTER

I am with most people on this post. I know how valuable trail cameras are and I am not referring to there dollar amount. We put them up and hope to see something special every time we check them. It sucks when they are tampered with but it sucks worst when they are stolen. I had a total of around 10 trail cams up this summer scouting for the upcoming bow season and when all was said and done 2 were stolen. You are pissed off that someone erased a few photos and I think you should just count your blessings because it could of been much worse. Another note is concerning that trick tank being such a secret. I have found tanks that were miles from roads that I couldn't image another person knowing about. The problem being is that Arizona has so many hunters and good hunters for that matter that there is no such thing as a secret hole just less known holes.

i think its stupid to have cameras out in the middle of a hunt not to mention on a tank or any water source to many people in the woods for super secret waterin holes you were asking for it ive had cameras broken and stolen i wish someone would just shut them off next time

:lol: :blink: :blink:

attn: 3a 3c hunters....... mason owns this unit... if you see his cameras RUN AWAY... you are inferior and if you see his cameras you are in the wrong place and exit the premises immediately.

seriously they turned ur cam off! oh goodnes..... I cant imagine the horror! I would get checked for post-tramatic stress disorder..

You put about as much thought into this post as you did your caliber of choice, you are lacking on both ends of the spectrum.

Ive been lurking around here for a while and after I saw this thread I couldent help but to sign up, I have a hard time believing some of you call yourself sportsmen, hunters ,conservationist,or outdoorsmen. How many of you think it would be ok to tamper with a windmill? most of them are on public land yet are privately owned. There is no justification for what happened to Mason a's trail camera. Now the real question is what would be a punishment to fit this crime? If I were to find these "dirtbags" Id like to give them an old fashioned butt whoopin. Im in the wood more then most people lie about, Ive ran across many trail cameras and had no desire to tamper with something thats not mine. The time,fuel and effort it takes to find a spot to put these out, way out weighs the cost of the camera. As far as not putting out cameras and trapesing through the woods during a someone elses hunt, well thats just the way public land works. Its all of ours to share. Well Ive said my peace and hope to stick around this site to learn as much as I can and hope people can use common sense,courtesy and ethics around other peoples property.

FYI-

If someone deletes your pics, they are not lost. It is very easy to recover "deleted" pics off the cards. Do a google of memory card recovery and you will get a lot links for free downloads or real cheap ones of simple software that will recover the the deleted files.

First useful bit of info in this thread...

Ive been lurking around here for a while and after I saw this thread I couldent help but to sign up, I have a hard time believing some of you call yourself sportsmen, hunters ,conservationist,or outdoorsmen. How many of you think it would be ok to tamper with a windmill? most of them are on public land yet are privately owned. There is no justification for what happened to Mason a's trail camera. Now the real question is what would be a punishment to fit this crime? If I were to find these "dirtbags" Id like to give them an old fashioned butt whoopin. Im in the wood more then most people lie about, Ive ran across many trail cameras and had no desire to tamper with something thats not mine. The time,fuel and effort it takes to find a spot to put these out, way out weighs the cost of the camera. As far as not putting out cameras and trapesing through the woods during a someone elses hunt, well thats just the way public land works. Its all of ours to share. Well Ive said my peace and hope to stick around this site to learn as much as I can and hope people can use common sense,courtesy and ethics around other peoples property.

Right on, Now pass the Jar!!

Oh yeah, Welcome

were not saying its ok to mess with peoples stuff were saying he could of done something to prevent it instead of being a dingleberry shooting his mouth off about rifle hunters and winning and crying about a camera being turned off when every other persons had worse happen to them and they didnt resort to posting pics and name calling

Id like to give them an old fashioned butt whoopin.

Funny, seems a righteous whoopin can go either way when both parties believe they are the ones in the right.

Private property rights could only mean not harming the property. Damages from nonexistant future images may be hard to prove. Invasion of privacy would probably win out.

Anyway, I like the idea of hanging your coat where ever you want, using the private property approach.

It never helps a situation to threaten, best to negotiate. Hang something infront of the camera if it bothers you while hunting, remove it when you leave. Get the word out for acceptable practice and people won't have to figure the best method out in the field.

Kent

If these subjects aren't discussed, then it will be settled in the field with people that have weapons. If these sites aren't for this, then all they are is brag boards and worthless. This is no different than the treestand, atv type discussions and I can see trouble coming. Better to think about it on either side before you confront or are confronted in the field, may have a much cooler head.

Kent

If these subjects aren't discussed, then it will be settled in the field with people that have weapons. If these sites aren't for this, then all they are is brag boards and worthless. This is no different than the treestand, atv type discussions and I can see trouble coming. Better to think about it on either side before you confront or are confronted in the field, may have a much cooler head.

Kent

Now, I totally agree...There have been some topics that have gotten out of hand.. But, I think they have been informational to some..And a good learning experience to others.. Hey, If it makes us better sportsman's in the feild..Then it's important to discuss it..

But i also agree that some of these posts are just chain yanker's.....

I really find these posts entertaining. Look at how many views. As always I will offer my opinion on this. KRP and 270 probably stated the reason the camera was turned off. If I was sitting that water I would turn off your private property. I would not want my picture taken and i would not want the flash going off. Why do you guys think an unattended item has private property rights on PUBLIC land! Yes I would touch your private property if it is screwing up my hunt. And guess what? It is perfectly legal for me to do it. So I am saying it is OK to mess with other peoples stuff if it is unattended on public land and screwing up someone's hunt. In addition when i am just passing by a camera much like Couesaz I leave a souvenir for the lucky camera owner. Bobbyo is bringing sexy back to the great outdoors. Another thought I really love these keyboard threats of butt whuppins. Give me a break. You guys are so full of it. In this day and age you are not going to go up to another unknown person who is likely armed and give him an old fashioned butt whoppin. Cut the crap.

Bob

Just thinking about it, not saying anything is right or not.

If you're hunting a tank or area that has someone's cam, everytime you go in and setup predawn, you get flashed. Everytime you move, if you're setup in the cam's sight, you get flashed. If you hunt there all day, multiple days you will be filmed all day long, everytime you fidget. If you make a hit before dark and come back at 10:00 with flashlights to pickup a blood trail the cam will continue to flash you.

Where does the cam owners rights end and the hunter's rights of not being harrassed or filmed without his permission end. I could see getting irritated enough to turn a cam down or off with the intention of resetting it and forgetting.

This brings up a whole other can of worms.

Kent

+1 Kent. I don't see a problem in temporarily turning a camera off, while hunting a tank. Just make sure to turn it back on when you leave.

i would be thanking the dude for not stealing my camera who cares about turning it off.....

thats my half a penny