sickle10

35(b) Coues hunt. Lion tag.

I have been active on some of the other AZ sites and a lurker here for some time. I have enjoyed reading stories and getting info. Great community.

Anyway, I am headed to 35b for my first Coues hunt. Should be a great time. With all the glassing going on does anybody see mt. lions in the unit? Thought I might pick up a lion tag just in case. We will be north of Camp Washington for the most part.

Ed

Nope no lions. Saw some scat with deer hair in it and I found a leg bone nearby. I did see several 2 legged "cats" trying to evade boarder patrol and one other dude running around in a red thong but those are different stories.

We saw lots of does no matter where we went. Saw a couple lone deer in fading light that were to tough to tell and one we bumped in some thick stuff that was very big but didn't see its head. So of course while we were packing up we saw guys on the hill above our camp glassing, we thought they were foolish until they shot a buck about 200 yards from camp. Oh well......

hunted over thanksgiving weekend, pushed out of our regular spot due to other hunters. still able to shot a nice buck just from glassing. i think i was mostly luckey shooting by buck on the move after if spooked him

My favorite unit! Good luck on the hunt.

I haven't seen any lions, but I've seen plenty of sign.

Since you already bought the tag I'll skip the +3 or +4 :)

Bret