Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Introduced another hunter

Took a buddy of mine out on his first big game hunt today. He had drawn a late rifle second hunt bull tag and I told him we could probably get a bull and he said any bull would work for his first. I scouted an area that held a few elk but did not receive a lot of hunting pressure. Wednesday I glassed this 4pt bull up and Thursday the same bull about 150 yards from where he was on Wednesday. Told my buddy and he said he would like that bull for his first. This morning we glassed for four hours where I had seen him and nothing. We decided to walk into where I had glassed the bull the two days prior and found him four hundred yards down the same canyon. Mark missed a couple of shots and then connected putting him down. Mark was shaking, giving fives, thanking the lord and saying he is hooked for life. I know a lot of people on here know the feeling of helping someone get their first animal and it is hard to beat ;) .

post-3109-1259977907_thumb.jpg

post-3109-1259978004_thumb.jpg

I always say any elk is a good elk but for a 1st timer that is a great elk. Congrats to him and to you for showing him the ropes.

Sweet!!!! Now time to go find some pigs!

Good to go, I've glassed a few up. Think you can get some time off work? :P

Took a buddy of mine out on his first big game hunt today. He had drawn a late rifle second hunt bull tag and I told him we could probably get a bull and he said any bull would work for his first. I scouted an area that held a few elk but did not receive a lot of hunting pressure. Wednesday I glassed this 4pt bull up and Thursday the same bull about 150 yards from where he was on Wednesday. Told my buddy and he said he would like that bull for his first. This morning we glassed for four hours where I had seen him and nothing. We decided to walk into where I had glassed the bull the two days prior and found him four hundred yards down the same canyon. Mark missed a couple of shots and then connected putting him down. Mark was shaking, giving fives, thanking the lord and saying he is hooked for life. I know a lot of people on here know the feeling of helping someone get their first animal and it is hard to beat ;) .

post-3109-1259977907_thumb.jpg

post-3109-1259978004_thumb.jpg

One of the things I think is cool about these photos is the backdrop of pinion pine and prickly pear cactus............that is just too cool.....congrats you guys.

Congrats!!

And I really think you see a side of someone that never comes out in normal life when they get a kill, especially the first!

Congratulations to Mark on his first hunt and a successful one at that. Thanks especially to you for helping him get into hunting. It is hunters like you helping others that makes our hunting community a better place. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of your hunts. :)

TJ

I figured you were going hunting when I saw you at Circle K at 5:30 in the mornin' on Friday! Way to go! ;)