Sign in to follow this  
John O

Desert Monkey

I have passed up several opportunities to shoot one of these little coatis this year. While sitting on a tank yesterday, this little guy came in so I decided to take him. They really are cool looking creatures.

post-1571-1260984467_thumb.jpg

Guest borderboy

I've never had the urge to shoot one. I just watch them. What do you do with one of those things? A neighbor ate a skunk many years ago. He invited me over for the "skunk b -que". I passed. Of course I never thought about eating lion until I tried it. It was tasty.

? what do you do with one of those things? You shoot them or watch them.

I've never had the urge to shoot one. I just watch them. What do you do with one of those things? A neighbor ate a skunk many years ago. He invited me over for the "skunk b -que". I passed. Of course I never thought about eating lion until I tried it. It was tasty.

I actually was thinking about getting it full body mounted, and offering it to one of the wildlife museums or one of the national forest visitors centers. I know the Sabino Canyon visitors center has some mounts, and a coati would be a nice addition. I cannot find anything online about eating them. If they can be eaten, I may just have the butcher add 10 pounds of pork to the meat and make it into sausage. I posted a few months ago asking if anyone had ever eaten one. I am still interested if anyone has, or knows someone who has.

? what do you do with one of those things? You shoot them or watch them.

Love to watch them. One hunt, after a heavy rain, I got within a few yards of one and watched it lift up various types of roots and eat the bugs. It was really tugging on these roots. I've seen them up high in Mexican Blue oaks and Cottonwoods too. And packs with 20 plus animals in them. Very cool. Not sure if I would eat one???

That would be a cool mount. I'd like to get one and have it mounted. Good Job

Me too. I would like a bunch of things mounted if I had the money.

I was thinking that if you ate it, you could let us know how it tastes. Just throw it in the crook pot with mushroom soup, how bad could it be? Just kidding. Should make a real cool mount, who knows, maybe Cabelas or Bass pro would want it. They have squirels and other little critters.