Sign in to follow this  
Jo Hunter

while sighting mine in i keep jumping the shot, my pattern is still in a 2-4 inch group on center but i would like to be better, any thoughts on how not to jump the shot? <_<

Sounds like you will need to retrain to get rid of the flinch.

Go back to a .22 RF and shoot thousands of rounds. Concentrate on the trigger pull and keeping the eyes open

As Mike said, get a good trigger job on your 270. Do lots of dry firing with the eyes closed and then open.

Start shooting again with Remingtons reduced recoil ammo before going to full power loads.

Felt recoil will be less from sitting or kneeling than off the bench.

Try shooting stick, Haris bipod or the Gun Claw.

If you do not have a good recoil pad like Sims, get one. Wear both foam ear plugs and muffs, as muzzle blast is also a cause of flinching.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQ...48/ai_81477141/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQ...48/ai_82551658/

One suggestion would be to take a friend with you to the range, and have him load your weapon. Mix in some dummy rounds or snap caps into the rifle. It will help you realize how much you are anticipating the shot, and it should help your trigger control and stop you from anticipating. I have a friend in law enforcement, and they do those drills all the time with their handguns

first thing to look at is you. make sure you ain't flinchin'. get that to where you know it ain't the problem and go from there. trigger pull can really screw things up. so can a loose scope, loose action screws, poor bedding, a wore out barrel, or even a bad barrel. i've seen new rifles with bad barrels. and you have to make sure your ammo fits your rifle. it has to have the correct overal length or it will make bullets fly all over the place too. in a .270 you shouldn't have to worry about barrel twist, but in most calibers it's real critical. what kind of set up do you have, as far as rifle/scope/ammo combo? Lark.

first thing to look at is you. make sure you ain't flinchin'. get that to where you know it ain't the problem and go from there. trigger pull can really screw things up. so can a loose scope, loose action screws, poor bedding, a wore out barrel, or even a bad barrel. i've seen new rifles with bad barrels. and you have to make sure your ammo fits your rifle. it has to have the correct overal length or it will make bullets fly all over the place too. in a .270 you shouldn't have to worry about barrel twist, but in most calibers it's real critical. what kind of set up do you have, as far as rifle/scope/ammo combo? Lark.

Or better yet get a .284 and all will be good :D

But all that Lark said is right ;)

i can agree with a .284 winchester. helluva cartridge. but not that cork gun 7mm/08. unethical for sure. and you hafta turn in your man card to get one. Lark.