Sign in to follow this  
huntingfool

Oh JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH

So Casey called me early today, and we headed out.

Went down south, and tried to save some Mearns quail from meeting there death in any other way than shotgun shot.

First stand, about 6 minutes in this cat came into Lucky Bird. I thought it was a fox at first, but when it cleared the brush I could see it was a kitty. Came in downwind and the first shot was at like 20 yards. First shot put it down, but it got back up and started running around. Third shot put it down for good. Pretty little female, can't wait to get the pelt back! What a rush, fun stuff!

untitled2.jpg

We had dry stands until number 5. About 11 minutes nothing had come in. Casey says he had seen a bunch of Blue Jays flying in the area on this stand so thats what he switched to, and this fox came it. The 12 guage took care of this big ole male too! It was a good day to sat the least, as this is my first bobcat, and my goal was to kill one before the end of the year. Casey's goal was to kill a fox, bobcat, and coyote this year all with a shotgun. We both reached our goals.

untitled.jpg

100_2993.jpg

The good pictures are on our other buddies camera.

Well done boys wish I was with looks like some awesome country to call in. The first cat is always the best. Now those cats will start showing up a little more often buddy. Casey that is a great looking grey. Real nice colors.

Nice!!! Great job guys..makes me want to get out there this week!

Josh, that was one of the best lookin fox I have seen. His coat is AWESOME! Skinned him out real nice and will get getting him tanned.

PS, those are the cell phone pix. Wont have the nice ones for a couple of weeks when my buddy sends them to me.