Sign in to follow this  
muleybull

Coyote contest in N. AZ

January 30, there will be a coyote contest in Northern AZ. Check in is going to be north of Ash Fork. This is the 2nd annual Curtis Cauthen Memorial Coyote Hunt. There will be a payout for the top 5 places, and the remaining proceeds will go to the family of a fallen DPS officer.

2 to 3 man teams. If you find yourself going through the area, stop and sign up. Must be signed up by January 29.

Coyotes and foxes are 1 point and bobcats are 2 points.

I'm not involved in putting this on, just helping get the word out.

Good luck!

I think I have a contact number at home. If I do I'll post it this evening.

Redneck, you hit the nail on the head. I think anyone that knew Curtis will definitely show up every year they have this.

Good luck!

I called Tommy and here is the info:

Jan: 30

Check in 3/4 mile north of Ash Fork on Double A 8:00pm

Paying top 5 places, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, remain money going to the family of the DPS officer that just got killed down in the valley.

Entry fee: 50 bucks for two man team, 75 for a three man team.

Since I can't be there I am gonna send in an entry fee anyway, Tommy said I could post his mailing address and phone number for anybody with questions. Last year the extra money went to his brother Curtis's boy and they decided to help somebody else out this year that needed a pick me up.

Next year they plan a two day hunt 29th and 30th of Jan. with a dinner and stuff.

Real good people putting in some time for a dang good cause.

Tommy Cauthen

PO Box 1238

Ash Fork, AZ 86320

928-607-0188

I called Tommy and here is the info:

Jan: 30

Check in 3/4 mile north of Ash Fork on Double A 8:00pm

Paying top 5 places, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, remain money going to the family of the DPS officer that just got killed down in the valley.

Entry fee: 50 bucks for two man team, 75 for a three man team.

Since I can't be there I am gonna send in an entry fee anyway, Tommy said I could post his mailing address and phone number for anybody with questions. Last year the extra money went to his brother Curtis's boy and they decided to help somebody else out this year that needed a pick me up.

Next year they plan a two day hunt 29th and 30th of Jan. with a dinner and stuff.

Real good people putting in some time for a dang good cause.

Tommy Cauthen

PO Box 1238

Ash Fork, AZ 86320

928-607-0188

Not in the habit of quoting myself, but gotta give it one more bump. It is gonna be a wet muddy heck of a good time and it is still on.

Thanks for your support in this.

Pretty decent turn out this year in the "Curtis Cauthen Memorial Coyote Hunt". Just over 50 teams. The proceeds went to the family of a DPS offier that was killed in the line of duty this year in AZ, coincidentally on the same day Curtis was killed last year.

The 3rd annual contest will be next year on the last weekend of January, in Ash Fork, AZ. Mark it on your calender and come on out! Next years proceeds will be donated to a family in need just as the previouse 2 years. They do pay out for the top 3 teams and small prizes for 4th and 5th. Next year it'll be a day and a half with a lunch on the 2nd day and a raffle.

Anyone that is familliar with the "FCW Varmit Hunt" (Cookie Willet Hunt) that used to be just north of Williams, this is taking its place, since Cookie is unable to hold his anymore. It was a great time.

Good luck, and hope to see everyone there.

Good to hear it turned out good. How many coyotes won the tournament?

7 dogs and one cat total of nine points.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. We had a great time can't wait for next year. Thanks again.