Sign in to follow this  
Azarchery

Sucessful 2010 pig hunt

Happy New Year everyone! I had a great start on opening day. We all got up in the glassing spot and spotted the herd late in the morning and my dad, my brother (Tyler/elkhunter), and I started our stalk to the spot. Once we got closer to the spot we were unable to find the herd. We quietly looked and looked… nothing. We knew they were there somewhere we did not want to risk spooking them so we headed back to the glassing spot to find them again. Sure did once we got to the glassing spot 10 min later Tyler found the herd which was on the other side of the ridge, the break was over and stalk was on! Tyler and I headed out, dad stayed back to watch in case they moved. We got within 40 yards from the herd. I got behind an ocotillo and there was a pig 20 yards to my left and I saw an opportunity, next thing you know my pig was down. I shot my pig right in the skull.. I can’t wait to finish boiling the skull and see the marking from the broadhead.

Here are the pictures. This was the first time for the ENTIRE family to be there (yes, including the dogs!!). I could not ask for a better day with everyone and I am looking forward to 2010!!

DSCN0503.jpg

Tyler and I

DSCN0505.jpg

Shaun (my fiance) and I

DSCN0509-1.jpg

The entire family!