Sign in to follow this  
Coues&Bass

Roosavelt Lake

The deer hunt is over and getting my application ready for elk and antelope. Has anyone been to the lakes fishing?

I would go to San Carlos and try to catch some early season Crappie but the lake is so low I don't think I would eat the fish.

I may have to go out and catch some stockers from the local ponds.

Any fishing report would be good.

The deer hunt is over and getting my application ready for elk and antelope. Has anyone been to the lakes fishing?

I would go to San Carlos and try to catch some early season Crappie but the lake is so low I don't think I would eat the fish.

I may have to go out and catch some stockers from the local ponds.

Any fishing report would be good.

I know a couple fishermen who have been finding bass, at Rooselvelt, down around 50ft. They find a ball of shad on their graph and then jig spoons in 50ft. They have to be brought up slow or their eyes bulge out and die. Also I camped with a couple friends at Apache over the New Years who where catching bass on white jigs off the shore line. Mostly an evening bite. The Apache bass are healthier than I've ever seen them. They look like little footballs. One small mouth was caught which was a good sign to come after the die off. Good luck fishing. :)

TJ

Haven't been to Roosevelt since mid-Dec. but the bite was ok on deep diving cranks and spoons. Been spending more time at Bartlett deer hunting and fishing. The fishing has been better than hunting for me so far.

I have been on a pretty good bite drop-shotting finesse worms and dead-sticking senkos in 15-40ft of water. Cranks have been good, too. The crappie guys are around Yellow Cliffs and seem to be catching a few.

I hunted the 21 side in December and saw a few mulies. No decent bucks seen yet. I motored over to the 22 side the other morning, hiked in and glassed all day. Finally saw a good buck but it was late in the afternoon and he was too far for a stalk. He had a group of 8 does with him. Hopefully its starting to heat up.

As long as the weather stays great the Crappie should be in full swing by sometime in Feb maybe begining if March. See you guys out there after the 15 of Feb.

Yes I will be spending quite a few days on Rosey and Apache unless we get some serious weather to put some water in San Carlos.

Red,black and silver procraft.

See ya on the water

Has anyone ben to any lakes in az recently an seen carp on the surface,or anywhere for that matter?

I took the boy out for his first fishing trip to rosy and did not see any carp. The water ain't as bad as they say it is. You can see down about 1 foot and only saw about 3 trees floating. Did not catch any fish but had a great time with wife and the boy.

I was up with the wife and my sister yesterday. Did not see any carp for that matter we didnt see much of anything. I did get one slot bass on a chartruese spinnerbait but that was it. We were fishing for crappie though and what we did see on the finder were not interested in what we had to offer. We launched from Schoolhouse and the ramp was clear in the morning. there was a light wind around mid-day for a while and by the time we loaded up, the ramp was pretty soupy, though I have seen it worse.

Clay were you fishing the Tonto end? I am thinking it may be a bit more open on that side of Windy Hill.

I was up with the wife and my sister yesterday. Did not see any carp for that matter we didnt see much of anything. I did get one slot bass on a chartruese spinnerbait but that was it. We were fishing for crappie though and what we did see on the finder were not interested in what we had to offer. We launched from Schoolhouse and the ramp was clear in the morning. there was a light wind around mid-day for a while and by the time we loaded up, the ramp was pretty soupy, though I have seen it worse.

Clay were you fishing the Tonto end? I am thinking it may be a bit more open on that side of Windy Hill.

I was at Grapevine area. ;)

IT IS TIME ROSEY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Good luck on the lake tomorrow. The wife and I were heading that way tonight but I checked my bearings and found they needed changing so I did one side today and the other tomorrow then we will be on our way.

Save some fish for us and take lots of pictures. :)

TJ

Good luck on the lake tomorrow. The wife and I were heading that way tonight but I checked my bearings and found they needed changing so I did one side today and the other tomorrow then we will be on our way.

Hope you made it to the lake TJ and caught some fish. We hooked up to 16 or so and landed 12 largemouth. No overs. The bass seemed to be in the 9'-20' depth. I think two more weeks it should be dynamite.