Sign in to follow this  
Simple Hunter

Enviro Wackos at it again

I don't care if I'm viewed as an oddball. I want to be like our founding fathers; I'm a Christian.

Mike

You aint no oddball here brother, You my friend are spot on....Amen ;)

So am I the only one that thinks it would be cool if Jaguars were running around Arizona?

I really doubt that even the most ardent lion hunter would want mountain lions exterminated from all of Arizona. So what is the problem with trying to bring the Jaguars back?

just wondering

Jared

Jare, it would be wonderful, except for the fact that some groups will use the jaguar as a political pawn to force their beliefs that man should not be in the wild, especially as a consumer. See spotted owl, wolf and Condor for examples.

Jare, it would be wonderful, except for the fact that some groups will use the jaguar as a political pawn to force their beliefs that man should not be in the wild, especially as a consumer. See spotted owl, wolf and Condor for examples.

Well now that I agree with.

I just think we should be clear here-- the problem is with the ESA and how it is used as a political weapon, and not the Jaguar in general.

Jared

+1 desertbull, it pisses me off that groups use animals as political pawns to advance their agendas, it makes all the good things that the endangered species act has done go unnoticed; however, the spotted owl, wolves, and condor are different issues entirely. Many of these people do not realize that hunters funded (almost completely) the recovery of many species. This about turned into a rant but ill stop here...

first off, there has "NEVER" been more than a token transient population of jags in the U.S.. even in the northern half of mexico. jags are an animal of the tropics that live in and around water, jungles and swamps. they are not an arid country animal and the ones we have here are on the extreme fringe of their habitat. to try to establish a larger population would be against nature itself. they are about the coolest animal there is, but it will just be a waste of time, effort and money to make any kind of sanctuary for them and it will be a tremendous hardship on folks that are already having a hard time making a living on land that the feds have basically given to mexico. the main reason they didn't try to establish the wolf/dog population in their more traditional habitat is because there are vast tracts of private land that they couldn't be protected on. the jag program will encounter the same problems. and if you think huggers are the only ones behind this, think again. there are a couple so called sportsmen that have a lot to do with it too. and if it means any money at all to the azgfd, they'll jump on it too. this ain't a good deal and anyone who thinks it is oughta do the "obama voter slug yourself in the face ever morning" deal. we just as well try to bring back the wooly mammoth. there were a lot more of them here than there have ever been jags. my great uncle was a legendary gov't trapper. him and my grandad both trapped the heck out of Az. from the very early part of the 1900's. in the wildlest and most remote parts of the country. my uncle caught one jag. only one he ever saw. there have never been more than a few here. they thrive around the equator in the jungles and rain forests. i don't see a lot of that kinda country in Az. this will just be another wedge to use to force people who use the land from it. hunters, anglers, cowboys, farmers, loggers, anyone who uses the land contrary to how the liberal elite think it should be used. and the success of the "program" is never the recovery of the so called endangered species. the last thing they ever want is that because then they lose the control. the control is the goal. push folks into towns and away from the land. anyone who is for this is dangerous to our liberty. because the goal of the programs are to take it away. this past situation with macho b is a prime example of the kind of things that will happen. their were a lot of folks on here who were in very vocall support of the biologist that snared him. but then it came out that he did so contrary to what he had been told to do and then lied about it and him and some hugger who worked for some jag recovery group conspired to cover up the lie and even hid, covered up, altered and phonied the evidence. this is how these kinda folks work. truth doesn't matter. this is a bad thing and folks need to make themselve very aware of what is taking place. Lark.

I say let the hairy arm pitted women in the tie dye t shirts, that wanted Ben& Jerry to use human breast milk in their ice cream, keep an eye on the jaguars along the border. It will give them something productive to do, and maybe they will all feel better about themselves in the process.

+ 10 Mike

+ 10 Lark

The only question CWT members have is which one for Pres and Which one for Vice Pres.

Yep. I have an opinion, and that is that this country's problems are spiritual.

It's the frog in the pan analogy:

If you throw a frog in a pan of boiling hot water, he'll jump out - fast!

But, if you put him in a pan of room temp water and turn the burner on low, he won't notice any drastic change, adjust to the minor changes and eventually boil into someone's dinner.

Ever notice how most older folks have manners, common sense and gravity? They come from a generation that was closer to the forming of this great country when Judiac/Christian principles were the norm in just about everyones' lives. If anyone tells you that this country was not founded on these spiritual principles, they don't know the history or they are just flat out lying.

The separation of church and state is not in the constitution. The First Amendment states, "Congress shall make no law respecting and establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

Obviously, the words "separation," "church," or "state" are not found in the First Amendment; furthermore, that phrase appears in no founding document. In a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists in 1802, Jefferson uses the term, "wall of separation" to insure the church of no government encroachment.

The original intent of any separation was to keep the government out of the people's faith - not to keep our faith out of the government. Almost to the last man, (the crafters of the constitution) statements are recorded saying, "Without morals and RELIGION, a free nation cannot stand". What religion do you think our fathers were refering to back in the late 1700's?

Where are we today? A potporri of various religions coupled with a serious lack of faith and morals in this country. Nobody seemed to notice.

I hope and pray that we as a country are not completely boiled yet.

I choose to stay outside of the boiling pan we call modern culture. I don't care if I'm viewed as an oddball. I want to be like our founding fathers; I'm a Christian.

Mike

+1,000,000,000

don't get me started on this whole health care thing either . . .it aint gonna work

straight from wikipedia-----http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar

The jaguar (Panthera onca) is a big cat, a feline in the Panthera genus, and is the only Panthera species found in the Americas. The jaguar is the third-largest feline after the tiger and the lion, and the largest and most powerful feline in the Western Hemisphere. The jaguar's present range extends from Mexico across much of Central America and south to Paraguay and northern Argentina. Apart from a known and possibly breeding population in Arizona (southeast of Tucson), the cat has largely been extirpated from the United States since the early 1900s.

post-4084-1271736385.gif

Those on the left will always try to use some means ... whatever means necessary ... to strip us of our GOD GIVEN rights. It is in their very nature to do so ... the only rights they will see preserved are those that they deem "appropriate" or "correct". Most often, they support the right of the government to dictate to us how we should/will live our lives ... but they'd certainly support the rights of animals over people ... see the writings of Cass Sunstein (a man who is not elected but has been empowered to affect our rights). Strange that the left supports a woman's "right to choose" when it comes to a pregnancy, but seek to eliminate a more general "right to choose" by trying to dictate to the masses what they will or won't be allowed to do.

America is ripe for CHANGE ... and by that I mean a change back to our roots and the teachings of Jefferson and the other Founding Fathers. We need to remove the CURS from office in the coming elections and take this country back!!! No more Chicago politics. No more unelected Czars affecting our lives. No more backroom deals. In short ... no more BULLSHIT.

Anyone else think that trying to bribe a Congressman with a high ranking post to keep him from running for Senate is a crime??? Can anyone say IMPEACHMENT???

Sorry ... didn't mean to take this all political, but that is where it was headed ... the Environ Whakos are just left wing libs after all.

There are few problems that a well placed bullet and a shovel can't fix.....

... Jaguars or Liberals.

.. see the writings of Cass Sunstein (a man who is not elected but has been empowered to affect our rights).

That guy is a complete TOOL.