azcouesandelk

Arizona Elk Society Banquet

We all wearing our CouesWhitetail.com shirts? Sounds good to me!

Amanda

All of my CWT shirts have holes or blood stains on em', so I will be one of the odd balls :( I look forward to seein' you all there though! JIM>

I can bring you some new ones if you like. :) I just got a new shipment in of those longsleeves so I have all colors and sizes available. I have some L and XL in the car already, so I will bring them and if you want one, just let me know that night. It will save on shipping.

Amanda

PS nice to know you guys are wearing them enough to get holes and blood on them!

Well me and my wife will be there at a table with Haywire and his wife and another couple of friends, see some of you tomorrow.

Yep. We get the pleasure of your presence at our table this year!! Looking forward to another great time this year. See you guys tomorrow Houston. We will be sure to look for those of you who are also attending, oh and you to Christian..... :lol:

We had a great time at the elk banquet!! Thanks to everyone who came and helped raise a lot of money for elk and wildlife habitat in Arizona!! It was a wonderful evening.

Our table did fairly well winning things. It seems Eric K has a knack for winning guns! Last I heard he had won two of them! Congratulations Eric. A few others won some items in the silent auction and I will let them tell you what they got.

Christian was busy working the auction! He was a flagger and when it came to auctioning off a very unique hat, he was the model also! Here he is in action (I think Chef has a better pic that he will hopefully post also).

post-1-1269182774_thumb.jpg

The banquet was very well attended with 570 people there. Those are great numbers for a banquet in this economy!! Everything was well organized and they had some great live auction, silent auction and raffle items. Congratulations yet again to the AES for another successful banquet!! Your hard work really shows.

post-1-1269182786_thumb.jpg

Oh and the commissioner's elk tag sold for 100k! That's cheaper than some years but still a nice chunk of change for wildlife habitat!

Amanda

The banquet was great this year! It went very smoothly and we got out at a reasonable hour this year even though we had more prizes than ever! The elk tag sold for $100,000, antelope tag went for $32,000 and the buffalo tag went for $14,000! Not sure what the overall total is for the banquet, but it was definately one of the better ones I have been to. Thanks to everybody who came out and supported the AES!

Good time had by all.

Quite a successful evening with several great buys throughout the night.

AES really has a ton of support and volunteers. Nice to see so many with dedication to elk and wildlife in AZ.

Was great to see friends and meet new ones including putting faces to some forum members. Elkster9, Bill, won a few items in the silent auction. Great guy to be around and a nice addition to our CW.com tables. We'll see you at the ADA banquet in June. Again, we are looking at filling two tables for the first time this year.

This guy bought a lot of lucky tickets...

post-67-1269209959_thumb.jpg

Two .308 rifles in the bag...

post-67-1269210065_thumb.jpg

The fine folks at Wild Heritage Taxidermy representing with their CW.com shirts...

post-67-1269210441_thumb.jpg

Here is the model of the evening....taking bids, and taking names...

post-67-1269210535_thumb.jpg

post-67-1269210557_thumb.jpg

I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. Guess I was having such a blast swapping stories and watching the goings on that I got sidetracked.

Thanks to all that helped fill our table. Thanks to Eric, it was lucky once again.

Hello - I've been to a couple of the banquets. Always a great place to have some fun meet new people and see old freinds . Seems the guys winnin the pizes also spent the most money - anyways hopefully get to go in the future - Gary

It was a great time. I look forward to the ADA banquet, hopefully I wont purchase any $100.00 Budweiser posters at that one. HA! Nice meeting everyone.

It was a great time. I look forward to the ADA banquet, hopefully I wont purchase any $100.00 Budweiser posters at that one. HA! Nice meeting everyone.

If you want that framed let me know, I know a guy that do it for you!

Thanks Christian. I left it at the banquet, I tried to give it away and nobody wanted it.

It was a great banquet considering the times we are in now! There were a bunch of folks I didn't get a chance to meet but wanted to, hopefully I can make it to the ADA banquet and catch you all there! Amanda, I had so much goin' on I completely forgot about buying some shirts from ya, I'll get some from ya soon! I also forgot to have you bring some large CWT.com stickers to put on the limo...THAT would've been cool!!! ;) JIM>

It was a great banquet considering the times we are in now! There were a bunch of folks I didn't get a chance to meet but wanted to, hopefully I can make it to the ADA banquet and catch you all there! Amanda, I had so much goin' on I completely forgot about buying some shirts from ya, I'll get some from ya soon! I also forgot to have you bring some large CWT.com stickers to put on the limo...THAT would've been cool!!! ;) JIM>

Yes, that would have been cool!! I had the stickers with me too!!

Thanks for sharing that Heartbreaker buck!! That was a highlight of the evening for many people!

Pic of the buck (117 broken, would have been like 135 unbroken!)

post-1-1269287728_thumb.jpg

Amanda

I hope Chrissy bought that (stink-pig) hat to wear during hunting season this year.... the elk will never see him coming!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol: