Sign in to follow this  
jnobleinaz

Opening day Javi

I know a lot of guys don't hunt these but they are one of the most fun. I never used to because I did not want to eat the meat. Then I found out about the Adobe Wildlife Center. They get really excited when we drop off pigs for the birds they have in rehab. I believe they are great practice for stalking and arrow placement. I figured I would at least put a pic on here. I got him to stop at 30 yards by woofing. Really cool thing was that when I hit, it stoned him and he fell straight over. Never had that happen before. After field dressing his heart was in 3 pieces. Maybe Dean and my brother can close the deal on one tomorrow.post-1636-1263653717.jpg

Congratulations on your pig and he looks as if he is a nice one. Great picture. What do you mean you don't like to eat them? :huh: I would rather eat pig sausage than any other game meat and that is the trueth. I'm glad to see you gave it to the Adobe Center and it didn't go to waist. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

The wildlife center is in the same complex as the adobe juvi correction jail. Right north of pinnacle peak and I-17. I just call them and tell them I am on the way and there is a buzzer doorbell that you ring. I always skin them for the people so they dont have to mess with that. They really appreciate it since that facility is run of donations. They will also take stuff from your freezer. Their #623-582-9806