I have personally killed both mule deer and coues deer with a bow and i would say coues deer are easier to kill than a mule deer buck. I have found coues deer to be easily patterned and i have found mule deer to be roamers with a wider area that they live in. I also agree that the coues deer is taken over and that a good mule deer buck is getting harder to find. There are definetly more 100" coues bucks hitting the dirt than 180" plus mule deer..

Well I call them carp but my muley friends give it right back calling coues deer dinky dog rat deer. So it goes both ways.

Brian

Nobody should be offended. We all like to hunt here and I am sure anyone would hunt both deer however some have a preference. Coues may be tougher to hunt in an area than mule deer then mule deer tougher in another. Some people like the taste of one over the other. I love the challenge of hunting coues and think they taste better. Just because I have a harder time with coues than I do with mule deer I am going say the mule deer is the lesser of the 2 but thats just me so I dub them "carp". All you mule deer hunters call a coues whatever you like.

I have personally killed both mule deer and coues deer with a bow and i would say coues deer are easier to kill than a mule deer buck. I have found coues deer to be easily patterned and i have found mule deer to be roamers with a wider area that they live in. I also agree that the coues deer is taken over and that a good mule deer buck is getting harder to find. There are definetly more 100" coues bucks hitting the dirt than 180" plus mule deer..

+1 Itotally agree it is much herder to kill a big muley than a big coues. Just my opinion.

mark

My personal experience with the Coues deer is that they are MORE keen.. They seem to use their senses a little better than Muleys.. This past archery season before I shot my Coues in GMU#8 I had a couple of Coues that came in ran off from a slight creeking sound from my seat in the blind.. but the same creeking sound did nothing to a 2-3 yrs old muley buck.. he simply looked up in the direction of the blind and continued to drink rather than blow out to the next county like the 2 lil Coues deer did. actually had one jump the string of my bow that shooting 315fps!!! slick devils! hahahahaha...

I can easily say that I am addicted to these lil boogers just because of the challenge they put upI will never stop hunting my MONSTER MULEY's and will always put in Kaibab as my first choice hunts, but left overs go to the lil guys down south! :ph34r:

post-3570-1264715436_thumb.jpg