Sign in to follow this  
kevin24

Back to Back 160'' in Jan

Well 2010 started off a little slow for me, not seeing the quality bucks I have seen in the past. I have only been out glassing a few times when I decided to hit an area I have never hunted in Dec/Jan before. So I hit the road serching for a buck that will top my last years 165'' 4x5 I shot in Jan 09. I pulled out my binos and within 30 seconds i had a good buck pushing 4 does. I grabbed my bow and took off following the buck into a cut running up a mountain, I took off fast around the mountain to sit just below the backside of the saddle the deer were heading to. A small 2x2 ran over the saddle 38 yrds in front of me, I waited for what seemed to be 30 min but was only 5. Out of the corner of my eye i see the buck walking fast my direction. I kneeled down and pulled my bow back waiting for him to step out broadside when he turned and was headind straight for me. He stopped at 15 yrds and I let him have it straight in the chest. With my arrow burried to the knock he took off and piled up 20 yards to my right. I couldnt beleive I just shot my second 160 plus buck back to back. The first picture is from 1/16/10, He scored at 163 5/8". The second is from 1/4/09. He scored at 164 6/8

post-2614-1264129599_thumb.jpg

post-2614-1264129666_thumb.jpg

I have killed two mulies back to back in the desert with my bow but they were no where near that big. That is one huge accomplishmment right there. You are the man. You need to do a double pedastool mount or something cool with those bad boys. A huge congrats on two well deserved bucks.

Sweet bucks man, a huge congrats to you on getting it done in a big way two years in a row!

That is what I had in mind with the pedestal mount, maybe a cedar tree with two branches. One branch higher than the other and have one at a right turn and one a left turn.