Sign in to follow this  
seek100plus

18 years is enough , PICK ME

Ok, this is getting really old every year, I have 18 bonus points for antelope and this year will be 19 .I was wondering is anybody else in the same position or maybe tell me what I’m doing wrong to not get drawn. I have been putting in for rifle, I do want to try using a bow, but only after I get drawn for rifle, and then I am going to stay out there tell a antelope takes a dirt nap. I was wondering after 18 years what unit will produce the best buck for me .I hope somebody could throw me a bone .I have feeling this year or next year is it.

Ok, this is getting really old every year, I have 18 bonus points for antelope and this year will be 19 .I was wondering is anybody else in the same position or maybe tell me what I’m doing wrong to not get drawn. I have been putting in for rifle, I do want to try using a bow, but only after I get drawn for rifle, and then I am going to stay out there tell a antelope takes a dirt nap. I was wondering after 18 years what unit will produce the best buck for me .I hope somebody could throw me a bone .I have feeling this year or next year is it.

Believe me, you are not alone!!

If you REALLY want a pronghorn, I'd have long since bought a landowner tag in NM or TX or WY or MT or OK or KS or...well, you get the idea!! :)

That said, I'm in with 8 for this draw.

good luck. took me 26 years to get my first Az goat tag. and that was 15 years ago. with the frequent flier miles and the hunters safety course, i have 17 now. between me and my boys, we've applied for Az goat over 100 times. been drawn twice. me and my oldest son. last year i applied for a couple muzzlelaoder hunts that i thought i had a good chance. nothin'. just keep tryin'. i know guys that have had half a dozen rifle tags in 20 years in Az. stinks. the problem is that everbody has a buncha points. the bonus point deal is just like a pyramid scheme. worked ok until so many folks got into it. i remember when they first started it they said it would eventually get to where it was like this. guess they were right. Lark.

I would say any year now you are going to get drawn. I had 18 bonus points last year and i drew in 4B. I would not recomend that unit though. there is going to be a lot of private property up there soon and there is a lot of poaching going on, even for goats. They are just doing it for meat ,but the numbers are dropping.

i have 16 points but this might interest some of you..........

I have 2 land owner tags for 4000+ acres of private land in unit 41 in new mexico. the hunt dates are Aug. 21-23 or Sept. 11-13. the bucks on these ranches average 15"+/- and carry good mass, most scoring in the low to mid 70's but there are definatly some bigger ones on the ranches. i am asking $2000 obo per tag. feel free to ask any questions or pm me.

thanks