southpaw

satellite images...

hey all....there was a post about 2 months ago about a website where you can get actual satellite photos anywhere as long as you have coordinates...i was hoping someone can remember the website and toss it this way...I am getting tired of the same topo maps, I think this would be something to try out..

Mark

I just started using a site called GoogleEarth.com

It is really good for scouting roads. The satelite pictures are anywhere from 1 to 3 years old. A lot of the roads in 36A are not on the topo maps. But with this I can see not only looking straight down, I can also tilt the page and see terrain changes.

Check it out.

Google earth is really cool. Options for view angle, Zoom, showing roads, and the flyover is awesome. Give it a try! Just make sure you have lots of time to play with it cause you will lose a half of a day when you get hooked!

Googleearth is a great site but what I have noticed is that the majority of the areas in the state (shades of green on the screen, example would be along the rim by Payson) will not focus very clearly. Its like not of the photo imagery is coming in. Now there is some areas (brown in color) where you can easily see a vehicle.

Terraserver is what I like to use. I can find hidden tanks of water that are'nt on any maps, heck I can even see my house and my truck parked out front :blink: