Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

valentine's wish

I asked my wife if she wanted me to buy a bunch of sweet things for valentines or what she actually wanted. She informed me she wanted me to take her fishing. So I took her to lunch yesterday and then took in a movie,the 4th movie I've been to in 34yrs of marrage, and then steak & labster on the grill. Now today I gave her what she wanted, to go fishing. We went to Saguaro Lake around 11am and it was white capped when we got there. After helping an old gentleman load his boat and getting wet up to my knees I finally got the wife in the water and went to park the truck. When I got back I couldn't fine her and after walking down the boat ramp there she was down the shore with the boat up against the rocks with a bad battery. After switching batteries we were on our way with water coming over the boat and getting wet. I said " Happy Valentine's Day" and gave her a kiss. The wind settled down around 3pm. I caught a blugill and 2 fish in the slot, 1 under, and we were about to call it day after the sun went down when Peg caught a 17&1/4" bass and just made the day. Here are a couple pictures. Only one of these fish is in the slot.

post-1903-1266302722_thumb.jpg

our three fish of the day

post-1903-1266302760_thumb.jpg

filets for super

Nice valentines day out!! Hey, no pic of Peg holding the big bass!! What's up with that?

Amanda

That's what Peg said while I was cleaning the fish and we had the camera with us. I can't recall how many times I've done that. I also got a pm from a cwt member who said I posted I had caught 2 fish in the slot and didn't want to have another (g&f knocking on my door post). I thanked him and did clear that up in my post. Glad to see you made it home safely from your Utah trip.

Nice fish TJ.! I am going to go to Roosevelt this spring when the fishing gets hot! Can't wait. I did not get a chance to go fishing last year. Never been to Saguaro.

What are you catching them on?

Nice fish TJ.! I am going to go to Roosevelt this spring when the fishing gets hot! Can't wait. I did not get a chance to go fishing last year. Never been to Saguaro.

What are you catching them on?

Brent, take a look in the fish picture. It's a deep dive plug. I don't buy the expensive ones like rapala even though they are good. Usually less than 3 bucks. I'll let you know when the fish turn on at Rosy. Can't really go by the g$f reports cause the bait dealers are always telling them it's good just to sell more stuff. :)

TJ

Yep! I guess I missed seeing the crankbait! I was to busy oggling the big fish :blink:

I never seem to catch many fish on cranks, I usually do best on soft plastics bounced along the bottom and jigs, and spinnerbaits. A freind of mine can't catch fish on anything but cranks. Go figure!

Glad you and Peg had a great valentines. Its fun to spend special time like that

Looks like a great day on the water TJ.I've only been to one movie in 13 years with my wife.I can only wish she would ask for a valentines day like you had.