Sign in to follow this  
jakehaffey

Lookin to buy a camper

I am trying to get my fiancee and daughter into the outdoors and was starting to look for older pop up trailers. I only have $2000 saved up to get one so if anyone knows of one please let me know. Oh yeah, she is really set on one having some kind or bathroom in it too. Shower is not essential, just a toilet. Thanks all for the help.

For 2 grand I would get a nice wall tent and one of them porta potty toilets ;)

I've got a nice, clean 5th wheel for sale, but it's about double what you are looking to spend. It sure made a difference for our family - more camping trips, exploring NM, UT, AZ and CO with a clean place to eat, sleep and cook. Something to consider anyway.

If possible get a hard side camper.

Much better climate control and better chance

of it having a bathroom.

Easier to set up and get ready to head home.

Of course you can always use a porta potty.

I've got a nice, clean 5th wheel for sale, but it's about double what you are looking to spend. It sure made a difference for our family - more camping trips, exploring NM, UT, AZ and CO with a clean place to eat, sleep and cook. Something to consider anyway.

Any chance of posting some pics and info?

Thanks for the input everyone.

Depends a lot on what you are towing the trailer with, also. I went from an older pop-up trailer that I had rebuilt to a 1993 26' Prowler and the change was like moving from downtown Phoenix to uptown Scottsdale! If you can tow a hard sided trailer, you can easily get an older one (late 1980s to mid 1990s) for $2,000 nowadays in this economy, and make everyone in your family quite a bit happier!

I have been on craigslist a lot. I saw a coyote that I really liked but too much money, I do like the idea of hard walled campers and the coyote has them but it has the bed as pull outs. Wish I could get something like that. I drive a 2010 tundra but it is the 4.6L, I don't want to get into too big of a camper. Thanks for all the input.