Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto C

JAVALINA DOWN!!

Had the oportunity to go to 36C to hunt for javalinas, my daughter Ana had a tag. We had a blast, and specially cause my wife Ana and our son Emmanuel got to see the whole action.

We started hunting on saturday morning I left my brother Javier on a "his" spot and we moved about 300 yards from him.

We climbed (sp) some huge boulders to have a good view of the flats. About sunrise I spoted a herd of javalinas walking towards my brother Javier. They stoped for a while but my daughter could not shoot becuase they were between us and Javier. I called my brother and told him the "javis" were walking his way. We lost them and could not see them anymore and then silence................5 minutes later my brother called me back and he told us to head back his way, that the javies were not moving and they were half way up the slope.

We got of the boulders and head up towards my brother position, when we got there he showed us were the javalina were. Told my daughter to get ready and just to aim dead center just like the way she praticed. She put the javi on the crosshair and PUUMMM!! Javalina rolled down!! Javis running now in all directions and PUUM my brother Javier got his.

My daughter was really excited!! I ask her how she felt and she just smile and said: "my legs are shaking! :D

I congratuladed her for and awesome shot at a 116 yards, she gave me the high 5's and said wohoo one shot one kill!! :)

On a side note, when I was field dressing the javalina, I was worry that my daughter and my kid Emmanuel will not like to see the blood and organs of the javalina but to my sorprise, they stood there next to me helping me out and they were identifying the organs of the pig :) really cool! :)

DSCN3606.jpg

DSCN3610.jpg

Thanks to Javier for calling us and letting my daughter Ana take the first shot.

DSCN3611.jpg

Thanks guys, you all take care.............Ernesto C

Congrats on a great hunt with your family Ernesto!.....I am just wondering how you got Javier to wake up in the morning!......hahaha! :D

That is so OSSSM! Great job. I love to see those kids out there on great hunts. AZ rocks to get the kids out chasing javelina, turkey, even deer, elk and goats if the draw is good to them. Congratulations, and thanks for taking some kids out for an experience they will never forget. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ernesto C, that was a great write up and a good story. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations to your daughter Ana on her pig and that was nice of Javier to let Ana shoot first. What a gentleman Javier is and I'm glad he scored on his pig as well. That had to be a great feeling having your wife there and son as well. That's what hunting should be all about. Family hunting together. Now that's sweet! :D

TJ

A huge congrats to you Ernesto and your daughter. Must have been an absolute blast to get the whole family out there. You have a great looking family and they all look like they were having a great time. Tell your daughter congrats on a beautiful javelina. Take care buddy.

Super job, that's what it's all about right there, a great hunt with the family! Congrats on the success! JIM

My daughter is really happy with all the replies you guys have posted and she's telling me to thank all of you.

Jeff, that rifle in the pictures is a 22 Mag. I have shot many javalinas and coyotes with that rifle.

Ernesto C

Very awesome! Congratulations to all three of you on a fine hunt. That's really sweet on the one shot one kill and that they didn't mind the field dressing part either. Cool Ernesto, thanks for sharing.