Browning'sCustomMeat

First brown of the year

Funny thing, all these guy are posting reports saying "stay out of the woods you'll scatter the elk, but hey I just got back and saw a bunch of slick headed bulls. But I didn't go over there." So while the rest of us listen to the "experts" and don't booger up the elk, they are out there shed hunting alongside the dweebs on ATV's. It's a ploy by the commercial antler guys to keep us hobbyists out. There's brown on the ground. Go get em!

Oh sure, rub it in that you live in elk country and most of us suckers live in the valley, or worse, tucson.

I agree with Mr. Smith ;) picking up some brown and yet to see an elk.

azyoung

Funny thing, all these guy are posting reports saying "stay out of the woods you'll scatter the elk, but hey I just got back and saw a bunch of slick headed bulls. But I didn't go over there." So while the rest of us listen to the "experts" and don't booger up the elk, they are out there shed hunting alongside the dweebs on ATV's. It's a ploy by the commercial antler guys to keep us hobbyists out. There's brown on the ground. Go get em!

I support waiting and I have not been to the woods yet.... most of the places I go these days don't get much preasure... but it is stupid how early people get out there and if you are only finding one side (no sets), especially this year... then that is what happened. ;)

Just talked to my son.... he was out glassing this morning, he glassed 7 bulls together right off... only two dropped, of the five still packin' the biggest was a 340"+.... good thing he was smart and stayed off that hill... there will be 14 side racks layin there if someone saying, "I know better" doesn't go run them outta there first.... :rolleyes: ;) ... In case anyone is wondering if 5 out of 7 bulls in your fav horn hunting spot are still packin', then only 30% of the bone is on the ground. ;)

You stay home and think of jokes and i"ll go shed hunting. :P

Well, coming from a guy who finds hundreds a year, who shed hunts 12months a year, finds 8-15 keepers and a couple heads on most outings, doing 30-40 miles a weekend, this is probly good " expert" advice. Just a rookie myself, happy to find about 100 a year. But yup," I know better".

:lol: I'm allways game bro, Not the mathmetician you are CnS :P but........I tell ya what Gino, if colton finds all 14 antlers off those 7 bulls, on that 1 hill, just by waiting another month to walk over there,, Well you can slap me and call me sally buddy ;). He does that and I might pay more attention to this waiting game. Untill then I'll follow suit with the best I know of, hike and shed hunt whenever I feel like it. Seems to work out ok. Wish I had the patience to glass and wait, I have glassed a few from time to time but myself I find more just pounding the ground , brown or white, to each his own I guess....well whenever and however you shed hunt,

( excluding cross country ohv riders ), I wish everyone all the best, can't wait to see everyones horns. :)

You stay home and think of jokes and i"ll go shed hunting. :P

Well, coming from a guy who finds hundreds a year, who shed hunts 12months a year, finds 8-15 keepers and a couple heads on most outings, doing 30-40 miles a weekend, this is probly good " expert" advice. Just a rookie myself, happy to find about 100 a year. But yup," I know better".

:lol: I'm allways game bro, Not the mathmetician you are CnS :P but........I tell ya what Gino, if colton finds all 14 antlers off those 7 bulls, on that 1 hill, just by waiting another month to walk over there,, Well you can slap me and call me sally buddy ;). He does that and I might pay more attention to this waiting game. Untill then I'll follow suit with the best I know of, hike and shed hunt whenever I feel like it. Seems to work out ok. Wish I had the patience to glass and wait, I have glassed a few from time to time but myself I find more just pounding the ground , brown or white, to each his own I guess....well whenever and however you shed hunt,

( excluding cross country ohv riders ), I wish everyone all the best, can't wait to see everyones horns. :)

HaHa... No Dustin... he won't find them all right there... but that hill is always good for a half dozen antlers if you let them do there thing.... ;) Can't stay out of the woods for a month... but I'ma stay out a few more days.... ;) Good luck to you guys over there as well! :)

:) BTW Gino, all bs aside, I can only hope to be half the big game hunter and kind of person you are one day, many-many of us could say that, you the man! My hat is allways off to you. ;)

:) BTW Gino, all bs aside, I can only hope to be half the big game hunter and kind of person you are one day, many-many of us could say that, you the man! My hat is allways off to you. ;)

Oh puke.....Like Gino's head ain't big enough already.....hahaha!! :lol: :lol:

I wanna, I wanna be like Gino.... :P

Yes you da man!

Oh puke.....Like Gino's head ain't big enough already.....hahaha!! :lol: :lol:

I wanna, I wanna be like Gino.... :P

Yes you da man!

Dustin,

That might just be the nicest and most humbling thing ever said to me.... ;) ... Thank you. I really don't see that guy when I look in the mirror... honestly, I consider many of my hunting buddies to be better hunters than me... that modivates me to push harder... and I just try my best to be the man my Momma raised.... sometimes I think I am and other days not so much.... :rolleyes: :lol:... Either way I'll take the compliment and return it with a "Thanks!" and a shot of Respect back at you! I think you are pretty straight guy... a rare breed in our times. Maybe we will share a campfire sometime and I can do my best to change your opinion of me! HaHa! In the end we only have our Reputation and our Pride... it is what defines us... not our money or our possessions... just who we are is all that will be remembered... or worse yet not remembered. Good hunting on the Mountain this year... Hope you find browns by the set everyday!

Jeremy..... :rolleyes: :P If it got any bigger it would be painful... so the Doc has me on a script for that.... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :P Thanks, Buddy! :P ;)

:) BTW... I am going horn hunting Monday or before... come HeII or high water!! But, I will be glassing my way in. ;)