Sign in to follow this  
huntscout

Nice Coues Racks on eBay

I've bought some stuff on eBay. Generally good experiences. You do need to pay attention to shipping, though. I've had two items get lost in the US Mail. If you get something expensive, or important to you, have it shipped surface freight and really consider getting insurance. Also watch shipping costs. Some sellers seem to list items for a bargain rate, but charge excessive shipping costs to make it up. Hope that helps.

Its technically illegal to buy or sell antlers. There was a post on archerytalk where a guy sold his mounts on craigslist and it was a sting, got busted for it. Not saying this is the case but buyer beware.

That is only if it is illegal in the state they are selling from (only a few). This seller on ebay is from Arizona where it is not illegal. If you search his other items on ebay he has several coues for sale (including a 117" Whopper) and also a nice eastern 10pt. Just thought I would pass that along.

The only way it would be illegal would be if it is not a Tribal member being they are stating they are lion kills from the rez .... Sheds, and pick-ups are not permitted on the WMAT for non tribal members .... Not completely sure How the Tribe responds to members selling sheds or pick-ups but know for sure it is a no no for non members and these posts clearly state they are from the WMAT though they post them WMAIR

In order for any tribal member to sell any pick-up or kill that they have there must be a tag on it in order for it to be legally sold to me and for me to possess it. Their game dept issues "blue tags" for pick-ups and your standard sticky tags for hunter killed animals. If I was to buy a PU head that didn't have a "blue tag" then I'd be in posession of an illegally picked up head and could be cited and the head would most certainly confiscated which means I lose out on any money I paid for it. But in AZ it is most certainly not illegal to buy and sell antlers.

In order for any tribal member to sell any pick-up or kill that they have there must be a tag on it in order for it to be legally sold to me and for me to possess it. Their game dept issues "blue tags" for pick-ups and your standard sticky tags for hunter killed animals. If I was to buy a PU head that didn't have a "blue tag" then I'd be in posession of an illegally picked up head and could be cited and the head would most certainly confiscated which means I lose out on any money I paid for it. But in AZ it is most certainly not illegal to buy and sell antlers.

Great info on the res. heads Josh!

Its technically illegal to buy or sell antlers. There was a post on archerytalk where a guy sold his mounts on craigslist and it was a sting, got busted for it. Not saying this is the case but buyer beware.

hello - i guess our G&F would be in big trouble - they had tables full of racks-antlers- sheep skulls - full mounts- bear skins/rugs for sale for 3 days at the ISE show - they had some really great deals - 4x4 muley - 160 class $40 - some real nice 100 coues were around $100 -0 lots of elk antlers were sold also - some people got some awesume items at the show for very reasonable prices - they had a trailer full of stuff and they were haulin it out all 3 days ! Gary