firstcoueswas80

anyone gonna be carying new gear this year?

The one new thing that I will be carrying this year that I haven't carried in three years is a any antlered tag in a mule deer unit (17A).

I bought me a Kifaru zulu backpack. Zeiss 8x30 conquest binos. and a new pair of Lowa "tibet" boots their claimed by some to be some of the finest and comfortable boots that last for a long time if you take care of them. :unsure:

Not concidered equiptment, but what I'll be taking new this year will be my Son. :D

He drew an Oct Whitetail tag. This will be his first big game hunt. If he's anything like his dad, he'll be hooked on Coues too. :lol: .

Now if I can just get him to pass on those little one's...........No, :angry: I promised myself I would leave it totally up to him as to what he wants to shoot. :) Actually, that will be the easy part. The hard part is trying to talk my wife into letting me buy another pair of 15X56 Swarovski's! ( He needs a pair too ;) )

Smerky,

Welcome to CWT. You might consider entering your son in the coues buck contest. Info is posted/pinned at the top of the Miscellaneous topics.

Doug~RR

I am very happy to say that i do have some new gear to go hunting with but the only bad thing is that i have no tag but I will still love to go spot a big buck or monster bull for my brother that has a tag for unit 23 in december. The bino's that I got are the swarovski 15x56 SLC's and got a tripod to go along with it.I also picked up a badlands backpack now im ready to go test them out tomarrow probably somewhere in 24A or 37B. I cant wait im heading out of the valley right now to go back home.

I've got some new Swarovski's that I will be trying out. Picked them up today.

I will be useing my camp trailer that I just baught from flagstaff 4398. And my newest badlands pack. And a newly made hiking staff. My other one was givin to my uncle for his hunt in utah so I had to make me another.

I did get a new day pack with a hydration system. I bought a new Leupold scope after a a fiasco with a 28 inch mulie here in Idaho. Other than that its the same old 6mm, Georgia boots, Zeiss binoculars and hand loads.