Access may be an issue this year for the high country. There is still 1-3 feet of snow on the forest floor and especially north slopes. Last year in 6A, the gates did not open till the week before the season. There is more snow this year than last, so be reasonable in your expectations.

This is off Lake Mary Road today.

RoadClosed2010_011.jpg

It may be pretty tough in the upper country this year - still tons of snow and lots of closed areas. Did some shed hunting around Lakeside yesterday and saw very little bird sign, even where the snow has melted off.

I can't wait to get the boys out for the OTC youth hunt though - should be lots of fun.

If it doesn't melt around Greer by May 1, I guess I could call from my cabin's back porch. My neighbors usually don't show up until July or so. :P

Bill Quimby

Youth hunt with my daughter. No tag for me - I have 4 bonus points for next year! Just put a new recoil pad on her 20 gauge. She seems more excited now, with the new recoil pad. She shoots a Winchester youth model 120. It's a good litle gun with Win Chokes.

Camo gear and blind has been checked.......hoping birds are were they were in the fall.

I am not hunting but cannot wait to get out with my son. The snow/road situation has got me concerned, can anybody suggest a unit that WILL be open for the junior hunt?

Redman

Headed up for my turkey hunt on the Rez April 8th. and then to unit 1 the begining of May for my state side hunt. Good luck to all who have tags this season.

Anybody heard any gobbling going on yet or seen any major strutting or anything indicating the ole turkeys getting fired up? Just curious, I never know what I am going to get until I get up there.

Anybody heard any gobbling going on yet or seen any major strutting or anything indicating the ole turkeys getting fired up? Just curious, I never know what I am going to get until I get up there.

A couple of friends were on the first Rez hunt from last week and said they seen a few Jakes Gobbling and trying to strut their stuff so I am hoping we'll hit it decent.

I am not hunting but cannot wait to get out with my son. The snow/road situation has got me concerned, can anybody suggest a unit that WILL be open for the junior hunt?

Redman

Try the jrs camps in 1/27, 6a and 23/3c.

Hunted the rez this past weekend for a few days not alot happening yet hens and jakes together toms off by them selfs in the area we were in little or no action when calling maybe this weekend it will pick up some.

I was up in unit 27 a couple of days ago we got them to strut. But no gobble action yet. Give them a week or so the'll get with it.