coueshunter

Family Strengths

Welcome and thanks for your service. What unit did you put in for

Hi everybody. Moved down to AZ from Oregon 2 years ago and have never hunted couse before. I am a dentist and also work in the Army National Guard. (Was infantry for 12 years before branch transferring to dental corps). Plan on pulling the cord on the military next year when I hit my 20. I am getting very excited for my first AZ hunt this fall, but from what I'm reading it looks like I will have a lot to learn. I haven't hunting in 10+ years since my last tour over to the sandbox and its time to get back in it. I am sure I will be asking lots of questions about units, how this draw works, etc. I am quite confused trying to read up on AZGF website on how draws, bonus points (?), etc work. Always just bought and OTC forked horn or better tag back in OR. Anyway, thanks for having me here.

It is going to be hot soon. Don't get taken for a ride by a bad air conditioning repair company. I am a wholesaler and I can recommend a good company if you need service. I have no affiliations with the companies and receive nothing from them. I just don't want to see hard working people get taken advantage of. 98% of the contractors out there will do you no favors and probably take advantage. Be one of the 2%.

Hello everyone I've been a member on this website since 2005 and I can't believe today is the first time I ever opened this thread.

A little about myself I'm 34 years old born and raised in Arizona and I've been hunting since I was eight years old. I'm a full-time EMT at a surgical rehab facility and I am also a licensed realtor. If anybody is looking to buy or sell a home I would love to sit down and meet with you and talk about your options. I know it's getting hot outside and the last thing most people want to do is go in and out of 100 homes looking for their next home to buy. But this can be a great time to get a great deal on a great house. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in anyway!

Cody Smith

Realtor

Coldwell Banker Trails and Paths

602-999-7684

Hey guys and gals, new to the forum have been reading it for years and decided to jump in. I was born and raised in Colorado where i still reside with my wife, my two kids are in college now so we are home alone now. I love to hunt Arizona for quail, javelina and occasionally coues deer. I have tried coues a couple of times with a bow with no luck so this year i drew a 24b tag for rifle and hope to get it done.

Good Luck to all this hunting season!

Rob

• Like 4

Hey guys and gals, new to the forum have been reading it for years and decided to jump in. I was born and raised in Colorado where i still reside with my wife, my two kids are in college now so we are home alone now. I love to hunt Arizona for quail, javelina and occasionally coues deer. I have tried coues a couple of times with a bow with no luck so this year i drew a 24b tag for rifle and hope to get it done.

Good Luck to all this hunting season!

Rob

Welcome to the site & good luck on your hunt. 24b is an excellent unit with a good chance of success and there's some real respectable bucks in there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, cant wait to get hunting and sharing knowledge with all the great people on here

Fairly new to the site, my name is Justin Buffington, currently a seasonal wildland firefighter on the Cave Creek Ranger District. (Type 3 engine crew) Tryin to get that city fire job in the off season to better support the family. If anyone has questions about unit 21, I've got to know some areas pretty well through work. I also do alot of manual labor side work in the winters.

• Like 1

I tend to hold a lot of cards.

I'm currently a butcher for Sam's club to make ends meet and will be opening a mobile pizzeria very soon using my family's secret recipes originating from Sicily.

I used to be an automotive mechanic/stryker mechanic for the military and still do side jobs for friends and family.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just wanted to reach out and ask everyone to follow my real estate page on facebook. I'm doing my best to make roots in Arizona and would love to help out fellow hunters on their real estate needs. Whether you are wanting to buy, sell, or rent, I would love to help. I also post neat tips and tricks on DIY projects, organization, and other real estate topics.

https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyCucinellaCentury21/?ref=bookmarks

• Like 1

Hello everyone, Matt here from Washington state and I wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I’m an avid bowhunter for deer and elk in the Pacific Northwest and now looking at starting to apply for permits in AZ in 2018. Specifically, I’m interested in archery-only permit hunts for the 12A and 13A/13B units and archery-only non-permit hunts for coues deer. Not looking for spots or secrets, just people willing to help me navigate the regulations, permit application process and general area information. I know from past experiences that a conversation over a cup of coffee can cut years off the learning curve while not divulging spots that takes a guy 10+ years to aquire. Thanks in advance for any insight that is offered, even if it’s poking fun at the guy with moss behind his ears. About me, I cut my teeth hunting Columbian Blacktails and Roosevelt Elk on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington. We can hunt OTC every year for bulls and bucks with some regulations. Over the past few years I have started hunting Oregon and Alaska as well, and Sitka Blacktails is another passion of mine. I’m hunting in Washington, Alaska and possibly Oregon this year for black bear, elk and deer. If you are interested in hunting the PNW let me know, I like to share general intel to folks interested in getting after Blacktails and Roosevelts since they are not a common animal for most hunters to pursue. Best of luck to everyone this year, I am starting to do research and develop a plan for 2018-2020 hunting a new area. I like antler as much as the next guy, but an awesome experience in a new area is more valuable to me then a P&Y entry. I do have experience back county hunting, I have a lot of gear and am pretty self-sufficient. Thanks again and I look forward to following along here and learning from the members.

post-15762-0-26671900-1501513778_thumb.jpg

post-15762-0-68932400-1501513791_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

welcome matt, thanks for sharing the pictures. those are some beautiful trophies.