joeybari

How long has it been since you been drawn for bull elk

2006 was the last elk tag I had, so that makes 4 years with no elk tag, and I'll have 18 points for antelope next year...

You guys are making me think about applying in NM and just paying the 500 bucks

1993 rifle bull elk november 4a (sucessful spike)

1998 rifle bull elk november 4b (sucessful 5x4 bull)

2003 rifle bull elk november 4a (sucessful 5x5 raghorn)

2008 archery bull elk sept 4b (sucessful 6x6 bull)

2010 archery bull elk sept 4b

Now here's a thread I can fit in with my 8 points, but not as much as some of you! Hearing about you poor folks sittin' there with 15+ points makes ME feel better! What sucks every year is hearing about the folks drawing back to back Trophy elk tags or every other or even every three years drawing Trophy elk tags. I fully understand the guys like TJ who apply for an easy draw tag and get a tag consistently, I'd do the same if i didn't have points. But those guys drawing trophy hunts consistently really bugs me and I can't help but wonder how that's possible, but it is what it is. I just want a tag and right now I'm just experiencing my annual feeling of rejection :(

I really think a 3 year waiting period would help make things a bit more fair, that would have to help lessen the amount of folks that have waited 10+ years for a bull tag!

I am happy for those with tags though, gonna be some big antlers this year! JIM>

7 years for first archery tag

7 years for second archery tag

2 years for this 2010 archery tag BOOOOOYAH! !!!! HOOOAH!!!

10 years for an elk, 9 for lope :(

What unit areyou putting in for to accumulate so many points? Now you need to shoot for unit 1 with that many points.

Rifle tag in2008,Sept archery tag in 2009.No elk tag for me this year but drew a rifle antelope tag.My 12 year old son was drawn for a junior cow tag.Cant wait for his hunt.

Now here's a thread I can fit in with my 8 points, but not as much as some of you! Hearing about you poor folks sittin' there with 15+ points makes ME feel better! What sucks every year is hearing about the folks drawing back to back Trophy elk tags or every other or even every three years drawing Trophy elk tags. I fully understand the guys like TJ who apply for an easy draw tag and get a tag consistently, I'd do the same if i didn't have points. But those guys drawing trophy hunts consistently really bugs me and I can't help but wonder how that's possible, but it is what it is. I just want a tag and right now I'm just experiencing my annual feeling of rejection :(

I really think a 3 year waiting period would help make things a bit more fair, that would have to help lessen the amount of folks that have waited 10+ years for a bull tag!

I am happy for those with tags though, gonna be some big antlers this year! JIM>

Kind of like the 14 year old that drew the early tag last year and pulled it again this year Jim? Yup he did and it is the trophy rifle tag again!! He is a great kid and i am happy for him but i am not happy for all of the guys that are getting long in the tooth who never draw these tags.

I drew in 1999 6x6

and in 2005 6x6

both were archery in 27 and 1

5 years feels like an eternity, but I have been able to help alot of friends

on numerous hunts for the last 6 years. Early,Late and junior hunts. If it wasnt for

those hunts I would have gone crazy.