joeybari

How long has it been since you been drawn for bull elk

its been 10 yrs for me but Ive been on sum good hunts with friends and family and called in sum good bulls that they took 330 being the smallest and 387 being the biggest

The last time I drew a bull tag was about 9 hours ago... :D

I drew my first archery bull tag in unit 1 with 8 points. My second archery bull tag was in unit 8 with 6 points, and now I've drawn my third archery bull tag for unit 10 with 8 points.

Now here's a thread I can fit in with my 8 points, but not as much as some of you! Hearing about you poor folks sittin' there with 15+ points makes ME feel better! What sucks every year is hearing about the folks drawing back to back Trophy elk tags or every other or even every three years drawing Trophy elk tags. I fully understand the guys like TJ who apply for an easy draw tag and get a tag consistently, I'd do the same if i didn't have points. But those guys drawing trophy hunts consistently really bugs me and I can't help but wonder how that's possible, but it is what it is. I just want a tag and right now I'm just experiencing my annual feeling of rejection :(

I really think a 3 year waiting period would help make things a bit more fair, that would have to help lessen the amount of folks that have waited 10+ years for a bull tag!

I am happy for those with tags though, gonna be some big antlers this year! JIM>

+100..I just found out my friend just drew his 3rd archery bull tag in 4 years, with 2 of the 3 being early archery 9(which he got this year)!!! I am in favor of a 2 or 3 year wait for a tag!!

This year will make it 9 years. May I add that is nine years that I have never went elk hunting.I would like to go one time in my life. One day...........

It has been 1 years since I have drawn a tag. But the good thing is 2 yrs ago a buddy drew a tag and I went along and he shot a nice bull, last year I drew a tag and shot a decent bull and this year another buddy drew a bull tag and I get to go along and help. All in the same unit. Helping someone else is better than sitting home.

Now here's a thread I can fit in with my 8 points, but not as much as some of you! Hearing about you poor folks sittin' there with 15+ points makes ME feel better! What sucks every year is hearing about the folks drawing back to back Trophy elk tags or every other or even every three years drawing Trophy elk tags. I fully understand the guys like TJ who apply for an easy draw tag and get a tag consistently, I'd do the same if i didn't have points. But those guys drawing trophy hunts consistently really bugs me and I can't help but wonder how that's possible, but it is what it is. I just want a tag and right now I'm just experiencing my annual feeling of rejection :(

I really think a 3 year waiting period would help make things a bit more fair, that would have to help lessen the amount of folks that have waited 10+ years for a bull tag!

I am happy for those with tags though, gonna be some big antlers this year! JIM>

+1 all the way

Not to start an arguement, but generally speaking I don't think waiting periods usually have much of an effect on increasing draw odds. Look at states like Nevada and Utah which both have waiting periods and their odds are no better than Arizona. In fact in many cases they seem worse! I think New Mexico was going to try and start something like that this year and after looking at the data they decided that it wasn't going to create much of an advantage. I would also bet that many of the hunters that are drawing elk tags in consecutive years are not applying for high demand hunts. And on the flip side of that the guys that are waiting the longest are usually applying for the most difficult draw areas. I apply in 6 states every year and in my opinion Arizona has one of the best drawing systems. Perhaps the only way I see making it any better would be to do like Nevada and square your points so that 5 points means your name is in the hat 25 times and 10 points means your name is in the hat 100 times. But even without that Arizona has a very solid drawing system. Best of luck to everyone on the deer and sheep draws!

Not to start an arguement, but generally speaking I don't think waiting periods usually have much of an effect on increasing draw odds. Look at states like Nevada and Utah which both have waiting periods and their odds are no better than Arizona. In fact in many cases they seem worse! I think New Mexico was going to try and start something like that this year and after looking at the data they decided that it wasn't going to create much of an advantage. I would also bet that many of the hunters that are drawing elk tags in consecutive years are not applying for high demand hunts. And on the flip side of that the guys that are waiting the longest are usually applying for the most difficult draw areas. I apply in 6 states every year and in my opinion Arizona has one of the best drawing systems. Perhaps the only way I see making it any better would be to do like Nevada and square your points so that 5 points means your name is in the hat 25 times and 10 points means your name is in the hat 100 times. But even without that Arizona has a very solid drawing system. Best of luck to everyone on the deer and sheep draws!

i like AZ draw

but its not going to stop me from Complaining

i like AZ draw

I guess you can't argue with that!

i like AZ draw

I guess you can't argue with that!

LOL

10 years and no bull tag...Always my first choice.

this is my 2nd time to draw a tag and I got the late cow in 5b-south twice now.

for now on, its bull only on the applacation....